DMR Pirates

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: DMR Pirates

Post by Werthers »

LeakyFeeder wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 17:58 Ofcum are nxt to useless... to the point they are bordering on toothless... it took em hundreds of man hours to track down a retard in his bedroom messing about on marine band...
As for DMR id there are too many radios out there beyond any control n to ban their sale would be nigh on impossible.. lets face it the Genie is well n truly out of the bottle😉
I think all marine band transceivers now use a tracking system I can't remember whats its called now so when you key up people know your location. I may be wrong I'm not clued up on marine transceivers/requirements of today.
francisuk29
Regular
Regular

Post by francisuk29 »

keep in mind thats if the transceiver has a GPS function
TYT UVF1, Baofeng BF-888s, Binatone Terrain 550, Alan HP450, ICOM IC-R5 with MRW-210, Grecom PSR-282
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

francisuk29 wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 16:59 keep in mind thats if the transceiver has a GPS function
It makes sense to imagine they use some kinda system now days so that they could pin point any vessels in distress or have loss navigation or to I.D the vessel upon transmit etc.