DMR Simplex No I.D

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

DMR Simplex No I.D

Post by Werthers »

Am I right in thinking you don't need a DMR I.D to use DMR Simplex?

Somebody told me that no DMR I.D is required for digital simplex. I was under the impression that you need a DMR I.D for any amateur digital operations.

Just to confirm for Simplex its TG9 and color code 1. Whats the deal with TG99?

So can you really use digital simplex without a DMR I.D?
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: DMR Simplex No I.D

Post by radiosification »

There's no legal requirement to use a registered DMR ID at all. Only repeater networks make you use one.

You have to legally identify with your callsign regardless so the ID doesn't make any difference.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Alan Pilot

Post by Alan Pilot »

Is it a problem ?.
Getting or using a DMR ID that is.
I don't understand.
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

you can use quite a few Ham repeaters without a DMR id..
as for getting a DMR id you don't even need a valid or genuine amateur licence to get one.
anyone can pirate on DMR with a pirated DMR id or even a falsely obtained one.

GDPR make sit easy to get things once difficult to obtain.
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
26mb04
Call Sign: 26DG01

Post by 26mb04 »

My number was granted within 24hrs of having applied for it. I wish HMRC was that efficient.
Sent from my GP300 using DTMF
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I already have one but a couple of local hams I talk to on 70cms simplex we were getting problems from the Baofeng muppets messing about and generally being a nuisance on 70cms simplex analog so thats why it sparked my interest about a DMR I.D for Digital Simplex because one of the other hams I speak too don't have a DMR I.D

My friend got a DMR radio from his work and asked me to reprogram it for him but he don't have a DMR I.D that was all. I'm happy we can all use DMR simplex now.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Werthers wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 14:38 I already have one but a couple of local hams I talk to on 70cms simplex we were getting problems from the Baofeng muppets messing about and generally being a nuisance on 70cms simplex analog so thats why it sparked my interest about a DMR I.D for Digital Simplex because one of the other hams I speak too don't have a DMR I.D
No need for a registered ID if they just want to chat on simplex. They can just make one up.

Thankfully, the kind of people who usually jam on FM don't seem to have enough brain cells to figure out how to program a DMR simplex channel.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

radiosification wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 14:49
Werthers wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 14:38 I already have one but a couple of local hams I talk to on 70cms simplex we were getting problems from the Baofeng muppets messing about and generally being a nuisance on 70cms simplex analog so thats why it sparked my interest about a DMR I.D for Digital Simplex because one of the other hams I speak too don't have a DMR I.D
No need for a registered ID if they just want to chat on simplex. They can just make one up.

Thankfully, the kind of people who usually jam on FM don't seem to have enough brain cells to figure out how to program a DMR simplex channel.
Agreed.