Scanning radio frequencies in Wales
Merkin
Regular
Regular

Caerphilly Storenet

Post by Merkin »

Base - 453.100 Mhz FM

Mobile – 459.600 Mhz FM

I liv just over 9 miles away from this but it is very strong and I could hear it in Cardiff last time I was there with my scaner, good set up coz it has some big hills to get over.

The base antenna is on the side of Iceland and can be seen in the lane between Iceland and Sports Direct in Caerphilly town centre.
Please support The British Dyslexia Association
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Caerphilly Storenet

Post by Mikel »

Merkin wrote: 14 Mar 2021, 10:08 Base - 453.100 Mhz FM

Mobile – 459.600 Mhz FM

I liv just over 9 miles away from this but it is very strong and I could hear it in Cardiff last time I was there with my scaner, good set up coz it has some big hills to get over.

The base antenna is on the side of Iceland and can be seen in the lane between Iceland and Sports Direct in Caerphilly town centre.
I live around 3 miles east of this and strangely some days the signal is difficult to hear consistently at home, but as you stated you can hear the signal in Cardiff.

I was in Caerphilly town centre today so took a photo the Storenet antenna in the lane on the side of Iceland opposite Caerphilly Castle.

Last time I Iooked the antenna was a 4 stack (folded dipole) array they must have changed it when I wasn’t looking.

Or someone stole it :)

Storenet-1.jpg
Storenet-2.jpg
Storenet-3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
Karl
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: SW185

Post by Karl »

Yes. That is the Caerphilly storenet, but if your receiving it in Cardiff (close to town) it's probably not Caerphilly but instead the New River Retail LTD frequency as their repeater output is 453.10000.
Merkin
Regular
Regular

Post by Merkin »

Karl wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 22:56 Yes. That is the Caerphilly storenet, but if your receiving it in Cardiff (close to town) it's probably not Caerphilly but instead the New River Retail LTD frequency as their repeater output is 453.10000.
No it was def Caerphilly Storenet I could hear, (I woz on Heath High Level train station) I recognised big Dave in Morrisons voice and Andy, the Castle Court security guy, also the characteristic 5-Tone signalling was present at the end of each transmission at the time, not now as they have changed to DMR a while ago.

You can also hear Caerphilly Storenet in Newport up on Stow Hill (where I live) as well, so it has quite a coverage.

I am aware there are other users, as the frequency pair is popular. :)

Edit - bad spelling as usual.
Please support The British Dyslexia Association