Another Headache

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Another Headache

Post by Werthers »

I got all my Baofeng radios out to re-program some new channels. They are baofeng BF-888S.

The first two programed fine, no issues.

The more recent ones I bought keep transmitting when the programming cable is inserted. I programed theses once before but I want to change the channels now and I can't.

I've tried everything and nothings working. I remember having this problem before but this time they just stay transmitting when cable is inserted and computer can't read or write from them.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Another Headache

Post by Werthers »

Solved. They programed with the cable sort of half in and half out. These new ones aren't as good as they were. I decided to whack the problem radios on 446 channels so I never have to program them again.

They will stay as PMR446 radios now, no more messing about. They were on 70cms but the problem with that is, if I ever need to change a channel in the future such as changing a repeater frequency etc I will always run into this crap again. At least now with them being on PMR446 its just 16 simplex channels future proof and never have to be programmed again. :thumbup: