Midland 2001 - Lock

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Midland 2001 - Lock

Post by The Collector »

I've got a dodgy 2001 too where the receive slowly went down after having it working fine for 5 minutes. Now it'll only hear my handheld right next to it. Possibly a capacitor issue but I can't see anything blown with the naked eye. If I cant see the blown component, I wont usually try and fix it as I'd probably just make things worse!
GDog
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: RedWold

Post by GDog »

I've got it on the desk, the tx light comes on but no output, signal meter needle doesn't move. Receive does work but like you said it's quiet.

I've started checking all soldered joints and I'm just working my way through the diodes to see if potentially any have failed.

I've got the house to myself tomorrow so will.be easier to concentrate at which point I will remove the board from the chassis and start cleaning it up checking for other obviously failed components.

Im not holding much hope tbh hahaha.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

GDog wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 17:59 I've got it on the desk, the tx light comes on but no output, signal meter needle doesn't move. Receive does work but like you said it's quiet.

I've started checking all soldered joints and I'm just working my way through the diodes to see if potentially any have failed.

I've got the house to myself tomorrow so will.be easier to concentrate at which point I will remove the board from the chassis and start cleaning it up checking for other obviously failed components.

Check the operation of Q115.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Cousinjack

Post by Cousinjack »

GDog wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 17:59 I've got it on the desk, the tx light comes on but no output, signal meter needle doesn't move. Receive does work but like you said it's quiet.

Hey Gdog,
Did you ever get anywhere with your midland ?