AOR AR7400

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

AOR AR7400

Post by stratocaster »

AOR have recently unveiled the prototype of a new dedicated airband scanner at the latest Hamfest in Japan. This looks like a stoater of a scanner for airband enthusiasts such as myself.The casing is pretty much resemblant of the DV1 (which I also have in my wee collection) There's the ability to monitor 4 channels of air traffic simultaneously and also has 4 speaker outlets at the rear. As this is just a demonstrator, time and development will tell as to how good this scanner will be. No price has been given (either a specific or estimated one), but I think it will be close to the DV1 price tag if what it claims to offer, is anything to go by.
Whilst I await further news on this one, there is some info out there on the aor site itself as well as the ham retail sites. :thumbup:
You can never have enough radios!
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: AOR AR7400

Post by stratocaster »

Still awaiting price and availability information. Probably going to be delayed a lot due to the covid virus situation. Still bloody want one though!!
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: AOR AR7400

Post by stratocaster »

Returning to the subject, I saw an ad for this scanner from Nevada radio. I enquired, and although they said "Coming in 2022" they said neither they nor AOR could be certain of launch date or price. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait a bit longer in that case.