Any one in Essex with a AOR DV1

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
uavman
New User
New User

Any one in Essex with a AOR DV1

Post by uavman »

I bought a AOR 5700D a week or so back and having problems setting it up , Yes I fully understand AOR gear does look a bit odd and is expensive to buy in europe you can buy the 5700D in Singapore or Hongkong for a £1K less but I need to find someone with a DV1 so I can compare what its like on decoding in the clear digital signals on DMR and D-Star as I have checked all the settings and it seems very hit and miss even to receive in the clear DMR + D-Star transmissions .I am talking about local DMR + D-Star 2m + 70cms GB7CL Clacton DMR on 439.6375 + GB7ZP Chelmsford D-Star 439.4875 . Getting a good 5/8-9 signal on both but some days I can hear them fine but other days the audio is unreadable , Signal level remains the same 5/8-9 so I need to find someone in north essex with a DV1 to confirm if its my end or the repeater on checking other digital signals its the same .As for antenna its a diamond X500 on top of the tower at 100 feet fed with LDF-450 so the signal level is fine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
handyman
Regular
Regular

Re: Any one in Essex with a AOR DV1

Post by handyman »

I think that's as good as it gets. I was going to buy a DV1 a few weeks ago but looked online for reviews and found that they are very hit and miss at decoding. In fact one owner said that DSDPlus with an SDR was far superior.