Uniden Bearcat BCT15X Software

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
alunonhisown
Regular
Regular

Uniden Bearcat BCT15X Software

Post by alunonhisown »

I have the above scanner and would love to try the software.
I have been pointed in the right direction (Butel). I need to purchase the cable, again I have been printed in the right direction.Cheers Killimaz.
My queries are 1) The software needs to be paid for ( :cry:) but is asking for payment in $, Dollars.
2) I have a cable that came with the scanner that plugs into the front of the scanner just below the large dial on the front. Is this the cable I need or a different one?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am using the Black Diamond antenna and believe me it is a massive difference to an indoor telescopic antenna or a Watson 881 Super Gainer.
Alun
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Re: Uniden Bearcat BCT15X Software

Post by Auldgeek »

Is the cable you have with the scanner a USB type or older 9 Pin serial cable because the latter is what I received with my 15X and I wanted a USB version so purchased a new one (the one I told you about)
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
alunonhisown
Regular
Regular

Post by alunonhisown »

I have just received my cable. I am running Windows 10. Is this programme ARC XT & ARC XT Pro compatible?
Do I need to switch off the scanner BEFORE plugging into the USB port and switching on, or vice versa?
Are the two programmes listed above the correct programme for my scanner, Uniden BCT15X?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Alun
terryhow
New User
New User
Call Sign: GW6FBV

Post by terryhow »

I have found the rear 9 pin connection to be more robust & reliable, you will need a USB to RS232 Convertor & a small Null modem adapter, not a gender changer between the convertor & your 15x scanner, you have to set your baud rate at 1900 bps on your computer & in the 15x scanner menu.
vinnywillo
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by vinnywillo »

hi can i ask does anyone have knowledge of programming the bct15x using remote assistance through my windows 10 pc i have all the relevant leads but i just need someone to help set it up ...i have read the easy to use manual online but still i cant get anywhere

thanks in advance