DECODING DMR WITH SDR SHARP

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
gerald123

DECODING DMR WITH SDR SHARP

Post by gerald123 »

hI LADS .. i have got dsdpluss set up and runing ...... folowed guides on youtube but when l change output from speekers to VAC i have no audio even if i change frequencie to normal radio station...tried messing about with settings but nothing {bnghd} can someone help please.....
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 108TM154

Re: DECODING DMR WITH SDR SHARP

Post by gmham »

Just in the process off trying to learn the art off decoding with dsd+ myself so cant promise it's the correct answer ? But if I am picking you up correct in what you are saying I wonder if the virtual audio cable is only for when using dsd+ and it's a case off switching back to your normal speaker output within the sdr software to get the audio from anything else ?

As I say sorry I can't be off more use as having tried it before and gave up am going to try it again ! Have everything downloaded including the virtual audio cable just need to see where on my pc you change the setting to this virtual audio cable as dont see it within sdr# software in the drop down table off input / output settings.. any advice there ?
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

Moxon antenna for 10/20 mtrs

——
John - 108TM154 / 108CO154
gerald123

Post by gerald123 »

right click on speaker at bottom right hand side of your screen select recording devices cable output should be there select cable out as default........once selectid should work on decoding dmr and normal radio stations.....atleast it did the last time i had it running . but cant figre out what i am doing wrong this time lol
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Perfect thanks for that ! Trust when wanting audio from your pc say from YouTube etc you just change it back to the way you had it originally ? Sorry I could not help you with your question . Sure someone will be along soon. Some very knowledgeable guys on this very subject on the uk scanning Facebook page if you don't work it out / get the answer on here.
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Just wonder how you got on with the audio problem you had ? Had a guy Remote Desktop my sdr# / DSD+ set up and according to him you have to change back to regular speaker output within your sdr software when you want to listen to anything other than decoding via dsd+ . When he did set was the tick box for listen to this device within the sound control panel under the recording tab off my pc this way I can hear the hiss when tuning around dmr signals.

Unfortunately not heard anything dmr yet , may have to tweak settings within the sdr# bandwidth etc ?
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

I dont have the paid for copy of DSD+ so not sure if the interface has changed any.

But here is the general set up
First you select your output audio from SDR#
Make sure Filtered Audio is unselected aswell.
So in this exampleI set SDR# audio to CABLE Input (VB Audio cable)

Then open up DSD+and run it, the Dos shell of DSD+ will list all your audio devices and will select what it thinks is right. (it usually fails)

Stop DSD+ and click the Configure button.
a box opens up where you can then choose your devices.
At the top is where you need to click to set the path to where DSD+ program folder is on your system.

Then set your audio input and output channels
Mine being 2 which is CABLE output (VB Audio cable)
That is where dsd+ is receiving its audio.
and 3 which is my digital USB sound output to my speakers.

As already noted there is a tick box to listen to the unprocessed audio but once you start decoding signals it clashes with the sound
so you may want to disable it.

Volume settings at the top of SDR# need adjusting while watching the top of the DSD shell window.

It explains how to do it in the DSD readme file.

As you can see top left of the DSD+ shell are a load of dash symbols --------|-------- and when dsd+ is running you will see a vertical line within that segment. while on a voice channel try to adjust your volume of SDR# so the vertical curser is in the centre of the dashes.

Hope that helps a little. like I say my version of DSD+ is the earlier free version so Im not sure if your GUI is a bit different.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:
Cheers Mark
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Brillant write up mate it's very much appreciated. Have everything working fine now so well happy as must admitt to struggling big time with setting up things on the pc ! Actually very impressed with the performance off dsd+ . Also noted about the tick box for listening to audio wondered why I could hear the dmr machine gun sound ! coming in with the spoken audio.

Anyway thanks again.
John
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——