inside or out

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: inside or out

Post by ch25 »

CQWW contest today, bands are pretty busy.
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Have a look at when this Halloween net is on Danny (next topic to this one). You might hear someone at some point.

Good news about the tank-whip going up then. We'll give it one last try one of the evenings.

I haven't been on much for a few days as this crappy connection issue the site has is doing my head in!.
para999

Post by para999 »

yes I know what you mean dave I will let you know soon ever it's done
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

"Oh Danny boy...the pipes, the pipes are caaallliinng..." or just maybe people might be calling on ch38 ukfm (27. 97125) tonight as it's the 38th anniversary of uk legal CB.

Maybe have a listen out for a while mate if you've nothing else on?

I'll be switching on myself for a few minutes when the little un's in bed to see if I can hear anyone out yonder.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

:cry:

I'd like to say a quick farewell to Danny (Para999) on here, as he's been unable to get on and update anything due to the site's issues lately.

He's sadly decided to call it a day after having very little success in hearing much or getting out at all and I've wished him all the best via PM too.

10/10 Good Buddy
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

The Collector wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 14:31 :cry:

I'd like to say a quick farewell to Danny (Para999) on here, as he's been unable to get on and update anything due to the site's issues lately.

He's sadly decided to call it a day after having very little success in hearing much or getting out at all and I've wished him all the best via PM too.

10/10 Good Buddy
You went the extra mile with Para999 there Collector. It's a pity there was nothing doin for him but give it a couple more years and we're back in business Maybe!!!
Can't help but love an Adams.

108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

10/10 Good Buddy
A 5/8th wave on a short pole driven into the earth in the back garden would've been worth a try,worst that would've happened was a tap at the door or letter sent out,but I doubt it = up to him eh.

A badly ground ineffective antenna didnt really help matters if you ever read this out of interest 999.

Pity he never got his dipole higher up outside from the handyman,and at least gave it until after the year,as the dx has been pretty poor.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Stronty wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 15:29

10/10 Good Buddy
You went the extra mile with Para999 there Collector. It's a pity there was nothing doin for him but give it a couple more years and we're back in business Maybe!!!

It was certainly worth a try.

It's just a shame it didn't pan out due to the circumstances. Had Danny been 10 miles closer to me it might've made a difference, but then again there are very few people on so it may have still had the same final result another couple of months down the line.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

para999 wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 11:55 just imagine what it will be like when I get tank whip put on the roof
Probably crap or we would all be using one = the end.

27.555 Usb
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Copied from page 17 of this thread =

"Your not the first and you wont be the last to have "gave up" and went back off again (hopefully not eh),all because they can't have a bigger antenna up in the air to enhance their radios overall performance."

27.555 Usb
para999

Post by para999 »

108EH002 wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 11:14
para999 wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 11:55 just imagine what it will be like when I get tank whip put on the roof
Probably crap or we would all be using one = the end.
listen I will reply to your comment for even you to understand,not that I think your really bothered. you seem to be quite content to make remarks quoting me eventhough I am no longer using this site regularly, but still get notifications when something is posted on here.
my circumstances are not what you seem to think.i am a year away from being 70 years old you say I should do this and do that I am not of the age and fitness level that allows me to do the things you would take as normal.i have told you several times I was not able to put a dipole up on the roof or in such an area that would be noticeable outside the property because of my tenancy.it doesn't matter how you might try to compare what you have had in the past, you don't live where I do, or have the tenancy agreement I do, so it simply has no relevance.receiving a ' letter or knock on the door' could cause me major problems. having explained that to you, now you hopefully can see that I don't want to put myself in that position simply because of my age etc it would not be easy for me.
now to the tank whip, again the reason is that I didn't want to sit in a car just to get a good signal after driving to the top of a local hill and as said I can't have a structure either on the roof or in the garden.as the property is inspected regularly that would cause mega problems.putting the tank whip on the roof,or near as, is not as noticeable but would have had more height. so I wouldn't have had to drive to a hill to get the same signal, sat in the house.
you said.. ' = the end ' ...but yet you couldn't help yourself you just had to make another post.
do yourself a favour, and everyone else who has been following this thread, do as you say let this be "the end " !
don't bother replying because I'm not interested and I expect everyone else is sick of reading about it now.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

I'm more bothered about someone having to go off again,after spending a fair bit looking to "get back on air" Danny,and I am not sick of reading this thread if it helps.if I needed to read and comment on another 20 odd pages to find a good solution I would.

I wasn't implying you were to "do anything",but your handyman might have ;)

I haven't really heard much skip on CB in nearly a month,and thats a vertical 30 odd ft up and a dipole at 30 ft just so you know.

Take care and all the best in the future Danny.

27.555 Usb