Sirio Mobile

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
pienari
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 56la422

Re: Sirio Mobile

Post by pienari »

I have tested many different antennas and Megawatt 4000 was best buy.
But i have to say something with tuning antenna in different mobiles.
M4000 i have to made mod for the tuning coil and after that swr 1:1.0 was found middle on cept band.
I tested swr with vertor antenna analyzer.
Zetagi B550p work fine and wont heat so much.
Paljon pilalle tinailtuja koneita. ;)
Mobile. Ham concorde3, Megawatt 4000,Zetagi B550p.
Home. Colt Excalibur SSB , 2el Quad, Diy ldmos amp 1.6kw pep.
spyder3
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 767

Post by spyder3 »

Go with the longest you can and capable to handle your linear. I have had Performer 5000 from 2015 and very happy with it. It works well with my Texas Star 500
9SD767
President Lincoln 2+, Sirio Performer 5000

QSO: Spain, Curacao, Holland, Mexico, Columbia, Salvador, Puerto Rico, UK, USA, Jamaica, Brazil, France, Italy, Scotland, Germany, Poland, Saint Lucia, Portugal, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Paraguay, Dominica, Uruguay, Santa Cruz, Ecuador
Master Virus
Regular
Regular

Post by Master Virus »

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

The Collector wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 09:27 ... I'd only recommend a very discrete 2ft dial-a-match aerial lol! ;)
They are terrible. I have one here and the SWR will be good on the channel you tune it to, but unacceptable outside something like 10 channels either side.
I know you were joking about them, but they are possibly the worst antenna I have ever tried.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Master Virus
Regular
Regular

Post by Master Virus »

A lot of people seemed to like the sirio antennas so i bought a sirio 5000 pl. Anyone use these and what are your thoughts?
And as always your taking the time to reply to me is really appreciated so thank you.