Hytera PD785

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
moj

Re: Hytera PD785

Post by moj »

where did the radio come from in the first place , and when people set a password its usually to keep them secure and useless if stolen etc , by the sound of it it's not come from the uk ?
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

Or the programming software is for a different part of the world...

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I have no idea where the radio originally came from I bought it with a box of other radio bits. The password might be showing on read/write because the old firmware does not match up with the newer CPS.

As far as I'm aware the radio is from the UK because its on UK gen 449MHz frequencies but the CPS may not be not English which was downloaded from hamdigitaal.nl

What I need to do is find the firmware version 5 so that I'm able to upgrade to a newer firmware. I've not been able to find a firmware version 5 anywhere so if anybody could get me a link for that I'd be very grateful.

Any one of these will do:
V5.06.03.008
V5.06.04.002
V5.06.05.000
V5.06.05.002
V5.06.05.003
V5.06.05.400
V5.06.05.500
V5.06.06.000
In order for me to upgrade to V7.06.03.400 iM.

Or I can try an old CPS to match my old firmware.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Just a quick update... after doing some more research I am pretty certain that this PD785 isn't password protected however because the firmware is very old (A3.05.10.001) it will not read the radio without a password in a newer CPS that being CPS Versions 7,8 or 9 which are the only ones available for the PD785.
There are older CPS versions but none are available on the internet and I'd need a firmware version of at least V5.06.03.008 in order for a PD785 to be read under CPS version 7 otherwise it will ask for a password.

All firmware versions 5 must have been taken down by Hytera at some point to stop people from using secondhand PD785 radio's.
moj

Post by moj »

just been reading and it can still be locked with a password but it has been setup for the read and write section and not for switch on werther's !
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

moj wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 08:23 just been reading and it can still be locked with a password but it has been setup for the read and write section and not for switch on werther's !
When I tried my PD705 LT on CPS versions, 8 and 9 I had the same problem but when I tried CPS Version 7 I was able to read and write to the PD705 LT without any problems. The PD705 LT has Firmware version D5 so its able to be read and write under CPS version 7 where as the PD785 has firmware V3... I could be wrong but its interesting how I got prompted for a password on the PD705 LT under CPS versions 8,9 but didn't under CPS 7.

It could be the same with the PD785 because of its old firmware but if I ever do manage to find a firmware update for the PD785 from V3 to V5 then I might be able to get into the radio and if I still get the same issue after the firmware update then I'm sure there is somebody out there who knows how to unlock/bypass the password on the PD785. I'm also willing to pay somebody locally to sort it out for me or even do a swap for something as I've got lots of radio stuff I don't use.
moj

Post by moj »

well worst case scenario if you get nowhere i need another lcd screen for my 785 which i cracked on mine ;) but it does sound like they locked the read/write password down which is why it doesn't prompt you for one when the radio has been powered up on startup ?
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I don't suppose there is a jumper or something inside the PD785 to remove the passwords?

Another possibility is that maybe one day somebody might write a program to get into password protected Hytera radios. Maybe something can be done with hex editor and a CPS.
moj

Post by moj »

Def no jumpers inside and hex wouldn't read anything or wireshark on them ..
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

moj wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 17:10 Def no jumpers inside and hex wouldn't read anything or wireshark on them ..
So my only hope is finding this elusive firmware 5 version.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I read on another forum something about the password for the radio being in an RCD file after a firmware update.

I can't find any firmware to go from A3.05.10.001

It would appear that the radio itself is in fact read/write protected and it be wise for me not to try crack the password as I have no idea of how many tries I'd have before rendering the radio totally useless, so the best thing I'd need to do is find somebody who can bypass the password for me & as I've said before I'm willing to pay somebody to do it for me or if not try and figure out how to bypass the password myself. I only need to bypass the write password.

I know others out there have said they have managed to bypass the password on there Hytera PD785 radios so I'm aware its possible.

Worse case scenario I could break it up and sell the parts which would be a shame.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Just a follow up question... does all Hytera firmware and Hytera CPS software work with all Hytera radios regardless of the model series?

If thats the case then I've got firmware A1, A2 and A6 just need to find A5. My plan is to downgrade from A3.05.10.001 to A1. I haven't managed to find CPS versions 3,4,5,6 yet but getting there.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Password cracked. Luckily the guy who I got it from knew the password :o

Now I have another problem. I need the right CPS to work with the radio as I now get "This radio data version does not match the default files" {bnghd}

My only option left is to try some V8 CPS versions.

Firmware versions are not available to upgrade from my current firmware.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I'm sure some would rather the radio was striped for parts or chucked away rather than helping out another ham but all I can say is, its not going to happen. All I needed was the correct software to match the radio data but nobody wants to help making me think the radio was useless, so thanks for that.

I wont bother asking next time.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

The radio is all sorted now and programmed, I can now grow my hair back.