446Muppets FRN server, now with added Zello!

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
Mad4radio

Re: 446Muppets FRN server, now with added Zello!

Post by Mad4radio »

drop us a message once you have It Installed again & we will send you some details across dude
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Mad4radio wrote:drop us a message once you have It Installed again & we will send you some details across dude
Yeah the problem is I don't know where I first read about it, it was like FRN but using TeamSpeak
M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

nay27uk wrote: I wonder if I can RE transmit a Local PMR channel that already has a business working on it that is busy from 9am until well after 8 pm this is all new to me so I don't know what the legalities are of this FRN thing but from what I have read so far it is just like a repeater kind of thing, Maybe other folk would be interested in listening to a shop.
I know I'm a bit late on this but I thought I'd answer this. FRN is not really for that type of thing. It's more for connecting to a radio that can transmit and receive, so people who actually want to chat can do so with other people over the internet using just their radio. It's essentially meant to be a gateway.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

i love radio too but if your antenna wont reach it lets you listen
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

radiosification wrote:
nay27uk wrote: I wonder if I can RE transmit a Local PMR channel that already has a business working on it that is busy from 9am until well after 8 pm this is all new to me so I don't know what the legalities are of this FRN thing but from what I have read so far it is just like a repeater kind of thing, Maybe other folk would be interested in listening to a shop.
I know I'm a bit late on this but I thought I'd answer this. FRN is not really for that type of thing. It's more for connecting to a radio that can transmit and receive, so people who actually want to chat can do so with other people over the internet using just their radio. It's essentially meant to be a gateway.
Yeah I get that and my radio is quite capable of both TX and RX, what I was saying is that I have 3 main channels that are very active here on PMR446 Ch 1, 2 and 3 they all have a business running on them (infact channels 1 through 5 all have business running on them) I can even set the CTCSS and DCSS tones and communicate with all of those businesses on all the channels ,I have had Radio Checks from all 5.
M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

nay ive a new one taxis and pagers thee great mate
love your familly
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

nay27uk wrote: Yeah I get that and my radio is quite capable of both TX and RX, what I was saying is that I have 3 main channels that are very active here on PMR446 Ch 1, 2 and 3 they all have a business running on them (infact channels 1 through 5 all have business running on them) I can even set the CTCSS and DCSS tones and communicate with all of those businesses on all the channels ,I have had Radio Checks from all 5.
Yes but if they're trying to use their radios to conduct business then they probably don't want to chat with random people from the internet. That's the point I was trying to make.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Gareth1125
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6IGJ

Post by Gareth1125 »

There are a few Teamspeak servers out there for Hams and those wanting to be hams.. The Sussex down is quite well established and usually has a few crosslinks on it. For more "official" type ham use, the IRN Server has several live fully RX and TX crosslinks into different hubs and repeaters around the World. It also lets non-hams join and use certain channels to gain experience and speak with licensed hams... Oh, and it's free... lol.

www.internationalradionetwork.net
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

'"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER'

Groucho Marx

Here in lies the issue with many stuffy hams, if you ain't got a ticket then you is a second class citizen, and they'd rather not talk to you even though you are probably smarter and more interesting than them. They tend to impose self-regulated rules, rules, rules, rules, can't do this, must do that, well they can stick it up their ass, I have an Ofcom licence, but I don't like a lot of my fellow ticket holders because some seem to think it's a closed shop, you're blackballed mate because you owned a CB in 1981.
The rooms I frequent have member names like Bill, Jenny, Jeff and not high and mighty callsigns. Ooh look, he's a G3, he must be very important, no mate, he's just old, talks crap and smells of wee.

I'll get my coat.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

To be fair, that's an old argument. There are as many pirates and Freebanders as there are hams, and they say they don't like the rules, the restrictions, the culture, yet there they are copying them with their own little clubs and made up callsigns, using the Q code... many of them are as smug and snooty as the very hams they deride.

All sorts of idiots pick up a microphone and press PTT, and plenty of them don't have a licence. I'm a ham myself and don't take the pish out of newbie or non hams. Even illegal operators, I don't bother lecturing them, let them get on with it.

The world is full of D heads and they come in many flavours, not just ham.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Yeah, and then you get the 'Telford-Tit' telling you on air that you're a pirate because your first name registered on the unofficial DMR list is different than that on a xerox of your licence. Plank (him, not you).

Anyway, apologies as I'm going OT, any system that can mean not using Brandmeister or Phoenix has to be a good thing in my book.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Just ignore them buddy. There are plenty of decent folk out there who are licenced, CB, even pirates. Play with them and ignore the tools.

It's like the other day. I had to drive a BMW at work, but being behind the wheel didn't mean I'm not a nice guy or don't know how to use indicators.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016