DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Re: DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Post by stanogs68 »

nay27uk wrote:What system you running mate?
What CPU and how much memory?
is it 64 or 32 bit Windows?

Unfortunately SDR# is only available in a x86 32 Bit variant, they could do with making a X64 version for us that are on 64 Bit Operating Systems, 32 Bit software will run on 64 Bit systems as they are backwards compatible but there will always be some teething issues and or problems when running 32 Bit on a 64 Bit OS, Even I have experienced that SDR# sometimes Freezes and wont let me even close it so I have to start Task Manager to shut it down and I am on a system running an i7 and 16GB of ram.

Could just be that SDR# is a memory intensive software either that or DSD+ is, I will have to do some testing on that.

Out of curiosity have you tried running SDR# in Compatibility Mode? try running it in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode
its a pentium npu n37009(???) and a 64 bit os with 8 gb of ram
i have spent months trying to get hdsdr working but just cant get it right {bnghd} :D
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

I used HDSDR when I had my Softrock Ensemble ll and if I am 100% honest I prefer SDR# because it has loads more plugins and better overall out of the box (I have only found SDR# since I got the RTL, never Kew it existed before) the only thing SDR# lacks that HDSDR has is a sexy skinned GUI interface.

I would rather have SDR# over HDSDR any day + if you are already having troble running your SDR# then trying HDSDR is the wrong move as because of the added skined GUI it will be even more memory intensive where as SDR# is a bare bones GUI.

8 gig memory is fine as for the CPU I will have to have a read up on that, it could even be down to a driver conflict but without sitting in front of your computer I could not determin the cause 100%.
M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

can i run sdr# with no compatibility problems with a 64 bit system ,and will i have to change the vb cable to a 32 bit download ,like i said if i run sdr# now with the vb cable with a 64 download it just freezes ,plus how do you download the gui dsd+ add on to sdr# the one i keep looking at ,you have to translate it from russian and im stuck ,maybe then i could mess with the dsd sound settings in the sdr# file ?? :crazy: cheers
love your familly
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

They both run on my windows 10 64 bit machine stan.
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Yeah as Paul said above they both run here too but if you are having problems try SDR# in Windows 7 Comparability mode, if you don't know how shout me back and I will add some pictured instructions for you.

The DSD+ plugin is a doddle to install, just unzip it somewhere then copy the .DLL file (SDRSharp.DSD.dll) from the download and paste it into your SDR# folder, Next open the Magic Line text file found in the download and copy the Magic Line and paste the Magic Line into the SDR# Plugin File called Plugins.xml (open it with notepad). I am Not sure where you are getting one in russian but I have never had to translate anything.

If you get stuck I will zip my SDR# folder up for you, that way the DSD+ plugin is already installed as is DSD+ its a lot more simple with SDR# because everything runs from one folder on the desktop instead of from an actual installed bit of software like HDSDR is where its folders are hidden deep in the C drive in a programs folder.
Last edited by nay27uk on 12 Nov 2016, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

thanks nay27uk im not sure how to run sdr# in windows 7 compatibilit mode ,i would be really grateful for pics and instructions ,that would be great ,and as for the plug in i would be made up if you could send the sdr# with the pluggin loaded,i would be made up ,i was asking everyone were you get that plugin earlier this year because i had downloaded on my last sdr# had it on (liam carbin) did it for me with team viewer ,but know one knew then i found it my self here http://www.rtl-sdr.ru/page/novyj-plagin-1 and i cant do it ,thanks for your help :D
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK mate Give me half an hour I will zip it up and add it to my next post provided the forum has no upload size limits, if it does I will pm you for your email address to send it to and failing both those options I can upload it to my server and supply a download link.

First though I will make the instruction post on how to run permanently in comparability mode.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK here are the Compatibility Mode Instructions.

I may have to split this over 4 posts as the forum only seems to allow 3 pictures per post and there are a total of 8 Pictures for this simple tutorial.

Because the forum Only allows 3 pictures per post I will mark the beginning of each post Step 1, Step 2 etc.

STEP 1

Find and open your SDR# Folder
Open SDR# Folder.jpg
Find the SDR# Executable
Locate SDR# Exicutable.jpg
Right Mouse Click on the SDR# Executable and select the Properties Option
Select Properties.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

STEP 2

You should now see a window like this.

Click on the COMPATABILITY TAB.
Click on Compatability Tab.jpg
Under the Heading Compatibility Mode, put a tick in the selection box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
Tick the Compatability Box.jpg
From the DropDown box select Windows 7
Select Windows 7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nay27uk on 12 Nov 2016, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

STEP 3

Click on the APPLY button
Click Apply.jpg
Now click on the OK button
Click OK.jpg
Now run SDR# in the usual way.

I will post the zip file in a while with my setup in, you may need to do these steps again when you have a copy of mine.

If you still have problems with it in Windows 7 Compatibility mode then you can try some of the other Windows Compatability Settings from the last dropdown menu where you chose Windows 7

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

ill try now cheers mate :D :D
love your familly
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

i think its working fine now mate ,changeg compatibility on sdr and dsd to windows 7 ,the add on i have a problem pasted the dll file in sdr# opened the pluginns xml with note pad and pasted the majic line into the file att the end off the plug in lines but when i now open sdr# it gives an error abot token s line 10 in addons (or something like that you just continue through it and sdr# works but the add on is not there and dsd dont seem to work,i have dsd+ ver 1.01 is that right ,any idea whats going wrong ,cheers :? :? :D
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

That sounds like a problem with the Plugins.xml file on or around line 10 probably just a missing ending tag or something.

Give me until this evening as I have to go out now and I will zip my stuff up for ya mate just adding some instructions and stuff at the mo so things are easier for understanding.

I will have it all zipped and posted up before the end of today mate

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

cheers mate really appreciate it !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Right didn't get chance to add it yesterday before the end of the day so I am on it now.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE