TYT MD 380 and DMR!

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Transmission1
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM001

Re: TYT MD 380 and DMR!

Post by Transmission1 »

I got my MD-380's from 409shop.com in HK but they were dispatched from Singapore. They worked out at £115 each including shipping and that included the programming cable. Good price I thought :) (and just over a week to arrive)
Simon, 26TM001 - East Yorkshire, UK
Founder of Transmission1 & Tango Mike 26 Division Co-ordinator
http://www.tangomike.net/
Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@transmission1
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Have ordered a '380 off Ebay... £118 inc cable... Will be sticking one of the DP3600's up for grabs now... Out with the old n in with the new!
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

Thanks guys.
uk197
Regular
Regular

Post by uk197 »

Online for £149.95 now with programming cable in the UK....
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

Radiosification I saw you said you bought from radiobanker and I went to check their webpage. The logo on it reads "tytera" instead of tyt, I know they are the same company but is it essentialy the same version as the ones that are branded TYT? Just want to make sure
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Excalibur wrote:Radiosification I saw you said you bought from radiobanker and I went to check their webpage. The logo on it reads "tytera" instead of tyt, I know they are the same company but is it essentialy the same version as the ones that are branded TYT? Just want to make sure
I'm not sure if you misunderstood or maybe I just worded it badly, but I didn't buy this radio from them. I bought a different radio from them, and was commenting that they are a reliable seller.
But anyway, I'm pretty sure they are both the same. It happens a lot that radios are sold under miltiple manufacturers for the Chinese radios.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

radio banker are an "alter ego" of 409shop :-)

but sign up to 409 shop as direct is usually cheaper than the bay but you can still paypal.

regards

BB
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by bigbloke »

and yes, TYT and TYERA (but not HYTERA) are the same company

although I suspect they are re-badgers for a no-name hardware factory.

they are by far the most communicative and europe focused of the chinese radio makers. they even read here from time to time !

Regards

BB
spynappels
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2I0SEH

Post by spynappels »

409shop have them with prog cable and extra battery for $176 at the moment, less than £113.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Don't forget that paypal uses unfavorable exchange rates.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
spynappels
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2I0SEH

Post by spynappels »

True, works out at just under £117. Still not ridiculous as you get an extra battery.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by bigbloke »

btw - spare battery does not equal spare belt clip! (in my experience of 409 shop where belt clip is "screw on")

Regards

BB
superdave
Call Sign: M6JXP

Post by superdave »

I bought my MD-380 from 409shop too, it worked out as £115 and arrived after 10 days I think. It was shipped from Singapore. I had the opportunity to buy a Motorola DP3600 with charger, stubby antenna and programming cable (but no battery) for £110.

I was going to do it, until I saw the MD-380 which I ordered instead. It came with two batteries, two belt clips (they screw into the battery), stubby and long antenna, programming cable, earpiece/mic, driver CD and drop-in charger with a proper UK plug on the power supply!

To say I think I made the right choice is an understatement! The MD-380 is FANTASTIC and works very well. I have been listening to business Mototrbo systems (it is fully compatible with the ETSI DMR standard including text messaging, remote monitor, remote disable/enable, radio check etc), having simplex DMR conversations over ridiculous distances with a friend, etc.

There are a few niggles with the radio which will hopefully be sorted in future software updates but for 1/4 of the price of a DP4800 (the closest direct competitor from Motorola) you can't really complain!
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

I have got a DMR radio and got the DMR446 and other channels programmed in. I made a zone called "licensed RX" as RX only channels to listen in. I have got the correct colour code and timeslot programmed in. However I can'tfind the option in the programming software to set the talkgroup. If anyone could direct me to where this option is it would be grateful.