tyne and wear fire update 2012

Scanning radio frequencies for the North East
user8666

tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by user8666 »

hi all tyne and were fire are now on a Firelink digital trunked radio communication system for on scene fires they have just been putting a fire out behind my house for the second time this evening andi spotted the handset when i was walking the dog in the street the sub officer was standing next to the appilance and i noticed he had a similer hand held radio on his fire gear next to his left sholder and its similer to the police tetra radio no wonder the on scene fire channels were quiet this year
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: tyne and wear fire update 2012

Post by thelad »

I am still picking up West Yorkshire Fire handhelds hopefully they wont change.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
user8666

Post by user8666 »

lucky for you mate haha wish i could all i was getting was a trunked tone no voice just like a data type sound and firelink is a voice and data type system
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

i thought they were still voice being sent
http://www.transmission1.co.uk/forum/vi ... 85#p277385
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

looks like there all going that way :( https://ignis.derbys-fire.gov.uk/Files/ ... Radios.swf
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
user8666

Post by user8666 »

they will all be going firelink
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

no wonder they are making cuts allover to pay for it
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

reds129 wrote:lucky for you mate haha wish i could all i was getting was a trunked tone no voice just like a data type sound and firelink is a voice and data type system
I was picking up the same yesterday, here in the Staffordshire fire and rescue region. There was an accident outside the house, car had ended up on its side and driver trapped.

I was quick to get the scanner on the handheld freqs once the fire brigade had arrived, and managed to pick up a few voice transmissions on 457.0375. My scanner also stopped on another freq (cant remember the number) which was a continuous trunked tone without voice. I imagine it was coming from the fire brigade as it had dissipated once they left.

As for transmissions relating to bonfire night, not a peep out of them all night.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
Realistic Pro-70 Hyperscan
Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
R820T Dongle ADSB Receiver
TYT-MD380
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Minus1 »

thelad wrote:looks like there all going that way :( https://ignis.derbys-fire.gov.uk/Files/ ... Radios.swf
Typically disorganized shambles. :roll:

Can you believe Greater Manchester and Staffs use the same callsign ("FT")? FT was GM's old callsign (M2FT), FT is Staffs new ID (FET). Why are GM not using their new ID? (FBG)

Some brigades use the old M2 callsigns (NK,CF,XV,XS) others use the new brigade ID (ET is a shortended from of FET)

And then the talkgroup IDs use something different again, F followed by the first few letters of the county.
Why do that when each brigade already has an ID that starts with F, and that everyone knows because the fire engine ID starts with it?

Then on page 23 we have national talk groups, which appear to be regional, but instead of using the obvious and short "FE" for East Midlands region (FE1, FE2), they use 'FTNG and a number???? Muppets.

Is there nobody in national charge who can tell them all to get a grip? I despair. {bnghd}

Shambolic callsigns/talkgroups aside, it is not clear if Derbys use Airwave as a fireground radio because p27 ("Point to point calling has been excluded from DFRS…") appears to contradict p28 ("The radio has the capability to be used as an incident ground radio ")
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked
dalehull83

Post by dalehull83 »

This is ashame, humberside are still on analogue 457.0375 etc.. at the moment, what tetra freq range do the fire HQ and come to think of it the AMB controls on as i know the police around 380 are the other too different? sorry for slightly off topic just wonderd.
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

Minus1 wrote:
Shambolic callsigns/talkgroups aside, it is not clear if Derbys use Airwave as a fireground radio because p27 ("Point to point calling has been excluded from DFRS…") appears to contradict p28 ("The radio has the capability to be used as an incident ground radio ")
I think p27 refers in "on" network point to point and p28 refers to DMO "off" network "back2back" comms
26TM234
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Post by radtech »

Minus1 wrote:
thelad wrote:looks like there all going that way :( https://ignis.derbys-fire.gov.uk/Files/ ... Radios.swf
Typically disorganized shambles. :roll:

Can you believe Greater Manchester and Staffs use the same callsign ("FT")? FT was GM's old callsign (M2FT), FT is Staffs new ID (FET). Why are GM not using their new ID? (FBG)

Some brigades use the old M2 callsigns (NK,CF,XV,XS) others use the new brigade ID (ET is a shortended from of FET)

And then the talkgroup IDs use something different again, F followed by the first few letters of the county.
Why do that when each brigade already has an ID that starts with F, and that everyone knows because the fire engine ID starts with it?

Then on page 23 we have national talk groups, which appear to be regional, but instead of using the obvious and short "FE" for East Midlands region (FE1, FE2), they use 'FTNG and a number???? Muppets.

Is there nobody in national charge who can tell them all to get a grip? I despair. {bnghd}

It's obvious why the FireControl project failed isn't it! Brigades don't like national decisions imposed on them. I'm suprised they managed to get everyone signed up to Firelink!

The Derbyshire example above is only related to Firelink (TETRA Airwave), of which handheld's have been available from day 1. Most will have been suplied as part of a 'car kit' installation for officers cars. This does not mention Fireground UHF.

I'm interested to know if anyone hears digital on Fireground UHF 457 frequencies, and would be interested to find out if it's DMR or TETRA.
Rich
Goffy
Regular
Regular

Post by Goffy »

Tyne & Wear ARE still using analogue on 457.0375 NFM. I heard them yesterday in the Sunderland area. It was definitely them because I was close enough to see them and what they were saying corresponded with what I could see them doing. This being nearly 7 years on from the original post claiming they had gone digital. Mind you the OP based his assumption purely on the appearance of a handheld he saw being used.

I guess its okay to ressurect an ancient thread when you have a correction like this. Its good news in these days of dwindling analogue transmissions. I must admit i was suprised to hear them.
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Some fire officers/commanders/managers (what ever they are calling them self nowadays) carry an airwave handheld for the firelink but its separate to the fireground radios. West Yorks switched handhelds to a DMR handset but still used them in Analog mode until April when they went to digital but with the same handhelds.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

I think by now most counties have DMR fireground handies and are able to use them in digital or analogue mode by simply changing channel.
This gives interoperability between different counties. That is why they appear to have DMR radios but nearly all the time they are heard using them in analogue mode..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.