Fire on scene handheld UPDATE

Scanning radio frequencies for the North East
bpoolfc95

Fire on scene handheld UPDATE

Post by bpoolfc95 »

Hi all, was at Newcastle quayside today taking photos when i heard a myriad of two tones and wails. Instantly i got dead excited then i seen 4 fire engines, 3 coming from different directions rushing along the opposite side to a building containing a greggs. I had just set foot outside of the sage so had to run to the swing bridge, over it and then halfway along the quayside and when i got there i began scanning. The handheld freqs that they have always had were active, but not audible. It wasnt mototrbo at all :D , i even close called for a while and no mototrbo came up but there was 2 or 3 freqs in the region they always have been but it was on find and store so will look into these later. The noise was either, scrambled or trunked. :?: It sounded like one of the freqs from the airport. Im certain it isnt Mototrbo as there was no evidence of this at all. Either trunked or scrambled, both of which im happy about because i believe these are both cracked. Will keep this updated as i gt more info.
kickasskev
Regular
Regular

Re: Fire on scene handheld UPDATE

Post by kickasskev »

Good stuff, keep us posted :-)
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

This mornng there was two appliances called to the street below mine so i ran down to scan, again, like yesterday at Nwcastle, there radios appear trunked or scrambled as there is no indication of trbo at all. The seem to be on the same freqs as they always have been , particularly channel 1. By the way, its suspicious how i keep turning up at the scenes. :lol:
user8666

Post by user8666 »

what are the freqs then if there trunked i am going to try as i have a trunking scanner
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

Here are the official fireground freqs plus, the top freq is the one i was most picking them up on.

457.0375 (Busiest one both days)
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Post by radtech »

If you are hearing data on these freq's. Can you make a recording of it, even if its just from your phone and post it on here?
Rich
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

I'll try but it may be hard running into the brigade again. :lol: Let's just pray.