President Jackson variable power mod. where ?

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
ballo
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 19DD03

President Jackson variable power mod. where ?

Post by ballo »

Hello all,

I looking for my President Jackson for the variable RF-powermod which is a potmeter on the back.
I know that you have to lift a resistor near the finals but i do not know the valeu of the potmeter , lin or log ?
It's for a President Jackson Classic with a MRF455 wit s MK1 face(frontplate).

Hope that you can help me.

Thanks in advance !
http://www.pa3hgt.nl
President Veep 40 ch am/fm , President Jackson Classic 6 bands ,HAM International Jumbo 3/Multimode 3/Viking 3,Midland 7001 MK3,President Jackson 2 chrome/JFK Chrome/Lincoln/HR2600/Franklin,Dirland DSS9000F,Petrusse Ecalibur 2002.

ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: President Jackson variable power mod. where ?

Post by ch25 »

In series with R245. Best way is to use micgain pot. No need to drill and ruin the radio.
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
ballo
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 19DD03

Post by ballo »

Yes , thanks but i prefer to use an outside potmeter on the back . I use various types of mike that's the reason i want to keep the mike gain.
http://www.pa3hgt.nl
President Veep 40 ch am/fm , President Jackson Classic 6 bands ,HAM International Jumbo 3/Multimode 3/Viking 3,Midland 7001 MK3,President Jackson 2 chrome/JFK Chrome/Lincoln/HR2600/Franklin,Dirland DSS9000F,Petrusse Ecalibur 2002.

ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

As you wish. Powered mics have adjusted output inside, non powered no need to adjust anyway. Micgain is useless :)
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...