Stalker 9FDX Conversion BACK to 11m

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
26op306
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26op306

Stalker 9FDX Conversion BACK to 11m

Post by 26op306 »

Evening all,

I'm part way through converting a Stalker 9FDX  back from being a 10m only radio, to its original 11m + 27/81 status.  It's gone OK, most functionally as it should be, switch rewiring, new crystals, a few snipped diodes rejoined and it's working... with the exception of LSB. I just cannot get the LSB offset frequency set correct. It's stubbornly just over 3kHz UP from where it should be, on every channel. Adjusting L22 needs to have the slug wound right up or down, or out completely to get it that close.

I don't know if it's related, but I also don't have TP2 going down to 2V. The lowest it will reach is 3.5V on ch1 of Low. I think that's a red herring though as I get lock over all the channels on other modes.

I've got a second radio identical as a side by side on the bench, but I still can't find out why it's different.

Any ideas appreciated - I've got all the equipment I'll need. Thanks.

Mark.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: Stalker 9FDX Conversion BACK to 11m

Post by cb4ever104 »

Maybe the inductor is knackered . Try swapping the USB and LSB ones over to see if the fault moves with it ?

S,
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
26op306
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26op306

Re: Stalker 9FDX Conversion BACK to 11m

Post by 26op306 »

Good call, I'll try that tomorrow. I did just try pulling the crystal down with a 22pF cap, and that got it closer but of course shifted USB out. I've no spare coils for it, they are small compared to my Cybernet donor chassis.
It loses lock unless the slug is right down, or out.