Help with pres Lincoln Mk2 menu button.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
andygr62
New User
New User
Call Sign: SF01scot

Help with pres Lincoln Mk2 menu button.

Post by andygr62 »

Good evening looking for help with the above rig.

The rig is well under a year old and was used by a SWL who found it too modern for his liking. There is literally not a blemish to be seen so was well looked after. He also was not a tinkerer so no problems there.

I opened it up to do the 11m mod to find the resistor was already in place. Being happy with that I switched it off to find the UK40 FM as was being shown via video on YouTube. Absolutely no luck! The channel changer needs four/ five turns to get near any correct frequency. I say nearly as the last two figures never move.

The Menu button will only move things up one and down one. I’m looking to do a reset which I can’t do without the Menu button taking me to Reset. Driving me up the pole!! I could understand had I actually done something to affect it but opening and closing it? I don’t know if the Menu button worked before. I asked a tech guy whom I trusted and he said he’d got the UK frequencies on to the radio and that it was a very difficult radio to work on. As well as being a good CB technician he is also a Radio Amateur with the extra knowledge needed there. As I was preparing to open the rig I noticed the original shop seals hadn’t been broken which disturbed me a bit. Then having put it back together is when I found the Menu button was u/s.

I am desperate for a solution, to get it working straight off the bat would be great, but if anyone knows how to activate the Menu button by a round about route I’ll be just as pleased.

Slainte mhath
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Help with pres Lincoln Mk2 menu button.

Post by delboyonline »

The President Lincoln 2 does not have the UK 40 channels and there is no way of programming them in.

You have to manually tune into them like we did in the old days.

E G. Channel 33 high band is channel 19 when you move the frequency down a little from 27.785 to 27.781

You'll find if you program a UK 40 frequency into one of the memories you can run up and down in 10khz steps, this is the easiest way to access the UK 40.

As for the MENU button, that's how it should work. You can also use the arrow buttons to move up/down in the menu, you use the channel change to change the settings in each menu item.