Audio line 340 power increase HELP NEEDED

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Audio line 340 power increase HELP NEEDED

Post by WARLOCK »

Can anyone PLEASE HELP i am tring to increase the out going power on a Audioline 340 the one the same as the Uniden 100 , Can you please tell me which thing i have to turn as it is only putting out 2 w on full power ?
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Audio line 340 power increase HELP NEEDED

Post by ch25 »

VR4
What is power supply voltage?
Are you sure, that your meter shows correct reading and you measure on dummy load?
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Post by WARLOCK »

Chris, i am getting the 2w reading on a very ackred meter useing a very good hf dummy load , power supply voltage is just under 15 volts ,
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

So try VR4.
Other possibility is 2W due to aging misalignment.
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Now I'm talking of back to the early 80's now, so excuse the inaccuracies ;)

I'm sure there used to be 3? Pots with maybe coloured plastic sides on them that are inside a metal-walled area at the back of the radio. I used to tweak them with a plastic allen key. I think you twiddle them one at a time until they peak output-wise on a power meter and dummy load , then you move onto the next one.. do the same and then onto the 3rd one. Then you did them all over again to make sure and that was it. Used to get about about 7 watts max as a rule. You can obviously just keep it at around 4 or 5 watts so nothing gets too hot, or if you want to power a linear amp.

This was nearly 40 years ago now, so as my memory's not that great at times, I may be talking out of a certain orifice lol :)