Cybernet roger Beep

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Blackolive
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: G4WCS

Cybernet roger Beep

Post by Blackolive »

After getting the Cobra GTL-150 running, decided an okd school rig needs a roger beep. Yeah you can buy them but wheres the fun in that.

Theres a circuit in the export manual so knocked it together on veroboard.

First iteration was hygainV peewit and on for a bit too long

https://youtu.be/xYKfz973_v8

Changed the timing capacitor for a shorter beep

https://youtu.be/5yFKtPBtcqI

Put a reservoir cap across the oscillator transistor

Happy with it now

https://youtu.be/6E7PqIdBcxE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Re: Cybernet roger Beep

Post by DX-Digger »

Nice to see Mods on T1
I liked the 2nd version better perweeet! :D
But thats just me.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

Blackolive wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 20:48 After getting the Cobra GTL-150 running, decided an okd school rig needs a roger beep. Yeah you can buy them but wheres the fun in that.
You can build a bleep on the main PCB, there are holes and patterns for the components already made, just put the bits in and wire it with a relay and you have a genuine hygain peewit bleep. It can be rewired for a nato/amstrad sounding bleep (like you have now) by missing out a transistor. Just a thought :D
The perfect face for radio.
Blackolive
Regular
Regular

Post by Blackolive »

Thanks. Yeah thought of that but looks fiddly and I want to make it reversible. Wired it in last night but Im wondering whether the positive supply should go to tx positive. Id wired it to the on off switch and it isnt operating as expecting, and thinking about it the timing cap will never discharge if its connected to a permanent positive ?
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mitch »

Have you got a circuit diagram? On mine there doesn't seem to be a +v feed marked, but it is normaly a 9v BAS supply, I've marked it on the pic below:
HGV Bleeps.jpg
It works virtually the same as the bleep you made, just one more transistor (to make the unique sound). As for reversable, it's not really going to be that noticable on a board full of componants, to switch it off just put the PTT line straight to the relay switching pin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blackolive
Regular
Regular

Post by Blackolive »

Thanks yeah Ive got the export service manual with the circuit 👍
GoldVolvo
Regular
Regular

Post by GoldVolvo »

Nice, been thinking about building one or two of these for my rigs. Again I want it reversible as at least one of the Rotel 240's I have is virgin (haven't received the second one yet) but I like the second iteration of yours. Assuming this could be made to work on the 134 chassis?
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mitch »

You can make these bleeps on a piece of vero board, not difficult at all. If you want one ready made give Cubwolf a shout, he makes them.

Depending on the circuit, you can have Hygain peewit or a Nato/Amstrad sounding one, whatever takes your fancy, they're very similar to build. I used to make and sell them years (decades) ago, even etched my own PCB's in the kitchen. They are reversable too, mic PTT to bleep PTT for on, mic PTT to relay (bleep relay wire) for off, them just remove it if not wanted.
Blackolive
Regular
Regular

Post by Blackolive »

Quick question. Are the relays to fit the pcb still available ?
cubwolf
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3CBY

Post by cubwolf »

Blackolive
Regular
Regular

Post by Blackolive »

cubwolf wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 21:55 Yes these will do the job https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Omron-G2E ... SwygJXiBKd

Thank you 👍