Cobra 200 GTL DX LSB / USB alignment help please

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
GT390
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 68TM027

Cobra 200 GTL DX LSB / USB alignment help please

Post by GT390 »

I have a cobra 200 DX to align but have found the available info really confusing
I have 2 different set of instructions that contradict each other, one from CB tricks and one from radio.nl by Burke

CB tricks say
"while in RX USB mode adjust T714 for 10.6975 MHz"
"while in RX LSB mode adjust T715 for 10.6925 MHz"
this looks ok but T714 is actually the LSB tuner and does nothing when in USB mode, and visa versa for T715, what confused me further was the impressive looking instructions on the radio.nl site that says the opposite
it says LSB should be 10.6975 and USB 10.6925...to add more confusion they actually have listed at the bottom of the page that they originally had this the wrong way around and this is the amended version.. That seems strange..so they may had it correct then amended it to be wrong ? I suspect its got to be wrong as when I tried that I could not get LSB up to 10.6975 with the range of the can,
surely the fact that is lower/upper LSB will always be a lower freq. than USB..?? any other rig I have has been like that

Can someone advise on which set of instructions are correct, if any ?? or am I missing something really obvious (again..lol)
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Cobra 200 GTL DX LSB / USB alignment help please

Post by ch25 »

"while in RX USB mode adjust Txxx for 10.6975 MHz"
"while in RX LSB mode adjust Txxx for 10.6925 MHz"
Use proper tuning can :)
They mistyped T numbers
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
GT390
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 68TM027

Post by GT390 »

Thanks AGAIN Chris, much appreciated, don`t know what we would do here without you !
Still having some issues with this rig, on low power it will operate fine but on high power SSB once you start transmitting, after a few seconds output power drops rapidly, then once you un-key the mic for a second then TX again output power is back but falls away again after about 5 seconds, the trimmer pots are all dodgy and trying to adjust things is difficult as they seem to alter almost by just touching them, saw a youtube video of a similar problem with a 200.. I have ordered up some new pots and will report back once I get them fitted, I think it is triggering the ALC ?
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

To verify that disable ALC and test. Should be full power.
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...