Junk or is it worth saving

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Junk or is it worth saving

Post by Werthers »

One of my old CB radios I dig out from the junk cupboard with the intention of gutting it and using the housing for a project but before I do I want to make sure that its not anything particularly desirable among the CB collectors.

It did work fine although the potentiometers were very dirty and crackly and I had robbed the crystal from it to repair something else so its missing the crystal but otherwise worked.

Is it junk or worth saving?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buick Mackane

Re: Junk or is it worth saving

Post by Buick Mackane »

Werthers wrote: ↑15 May 2021, 22:57 I want to make sure that its not anything particularly desirable among the CB collectors.

I crack the jokes on here :lol: :lol:
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Alan Pilot

Post by Alan Pilot »

Hope the project goes well.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

The s-meter is fairly desireable.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Its a fidelity 1000 clone, Here is a list of possible uses for it

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36772&hilit=fidelity+1000
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Keep it as a blunt instrument to fend-off would-be intruders. They'll not come back in a hurry after suffering a Cheiza blunt-force trauma! :lol:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
ChubbyChops
Call Sign: 26TM773

Post by ChubbyChops »

You've already robbed the most valuable part from it.
I wouldn't even waste any Servisol on it to clean the pots ;)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

There's only one Fidelity 1000! It's a pretender to the throne. Put it in front of a Dalek and exterminate the bugger ;)

Disclaimer, not only are Daleks not real, but I also own a mint, boxed one of these Cheizas myself so I secretly like them :)
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

MrWeetabix wrote: ↑16 May 2021, 21:36 Keep it as a blunt instrument to fend-off would-be intruders. They'll not come back in a hurry after suffering a Cheiza blunt-force trauma! :lol:
All he has to do is leave it on display in his window. Upon spotting it any potential intruder will immediately feel pity and walk on by! :lol:
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

This has to be a joke thread..lol..I always scrap them working or not, I recently scrapped two "working", One Gecol and a Eurosonic, I remove signal meter, Channel LEDs, Speaker [and speaker brackets], TA7205 audio amp, And the rest goes in the bin, I have another Eurosonic destined for same fate when i have 5 mins.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

99p start ebay auction, "sold as seen" is surely the best fate. They become someone else's problem and you get a little bit of cash back :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

MrWeetabix wrote: ↑21 May 2021, 13:36 99p start ebay auction, "sold as seen" is surely the best fate. They become someone else's problem and you get a little bit of cash back :-)
And you must remember that 40 years ago someone thought it was a great (can you see what I did there) idea to wander into a shop and buy this brand new.

ChubbyChops
Call Sign: 26TM773

Post by ChubbyChops »

Great or Grate ? :lol:
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

We could donate them all to nick to strip for parts and then have a ceremonial burning of whats left! πŸ˜‚

astradyne

Post by astradyne »

MrWeetabix wrote: ↑21 May 2021, 20:13 We could donate them all to nick to strip for parts and then have a ceremonial burning of whats left! πŸ˜‚
Nick's a great technician and a credit to TM1. But I wouldn't care to watch him strip for parts! :lol: