Heil PR22 Limited Ed.

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

Heil PR22 Limited Ed.

Post by Tim »

Does anyone know anything about the pearlescent pink Heil PR22 microphone? These were a limited edition that in some way supported Cancer Research I believe but cannot find any information on it. comes in a branded soft case with a silver, gold and black interchangeable screens and the holder.
70D8E483-4B24-4C23-B768-57A7C78D5790.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Re: Heil PR22 Limited Ed.

Post by Auldgeek »

For specifications, just refer to the current PR-22 microphone.

https://heilsound.com/products/pr-22/]

The pink microphone was part of their limited edition "spotlight" series, the pink one was linked to breast cancer awareness.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

The link doesn’t really give any other information other than the microphones specifications, which covers all the colour variants, my initial question was to find out if anyone knows how many of this particular variant was produced.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

Tim wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 11:48 The link doesn’t really give any other information other than the microphones specifications, which covers all the colour variants, my initial question was to find out if anyone knows how many of this particular variant was produced.
Sorry but you didn't ask that question.You asked if anyone knew anything about it.
No idea how many were made but email Heil. I'm sure they would have that info.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

is that a mike for Kareoke
love your familly
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

stanogs68 wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 19:51 is that a mike for Kareoke
I think that if you have to ask a question like that you should buy one and try it on your 5 year old child’s machine, that’s if you can afford one! :lolno:

Auldgeek, I’ll email Heil as you suggest and see what comes back.
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Tim wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 21:17
I think that if you have to ask a question like that you should buy one and try it on your 5 year old child’s machine, that’s if you can afford one! :lolno:

sorry Tim ,im sure you can blast out i will survive on it alone in your room ,im not judging
love your familly
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

stanogs68 wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 21:23
Tim wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 21:17

sorry Tim ,im sure you can blast out i will survive on it alone in your room ,im not judging
I know you were only joking chap, my reply was intended as ironic humour. In fact, I think that all the Heil microphones are over rated and over priced, the dual element ones, the narrow element, that’s the HC4 and 5 sound very ‘tinny’ whereas the wide element, being a cardioid element, gives a much wider or more mellow audio which the effect of both elements can be achieved by changing the EQ settings on most of the modern radio’s. I have found that you can achieve very good audio not having to spend a lot of money, in fact, an £8 karaoke microphone, as long as it connects via an XLR lead, can give you terrific audio so what you say in jest is in fact quite true.
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

I contacted Heil and the answer to the question is that a small run of 250 of these microphones were produced between 2008 and 2015.