Yaesu FT-991 repeater shift

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Yaesu FT-991 repeater shift

Post by Ant »

Hi, does anyone here have a fix for the repeater shift issue I'm having....

...so what the issue appears to be is, I can program a load of repeaters in, but for 70cm they have different offsets of course, some are +1.6 and some are +7.6.

Now, the issue is that there appears to only be ONE setting in the radio for what the shift is, so as I save a channel to memory, the one thing it will not save is the shift frequency. I have to go into the main settings to go from a +1.6 repeater to a +7.6 repeater and it actually takes a bit of time to do that.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Re: Yaesu FT-991 repeater shift

Post by Ant »

Ah ha, sorted!
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
Alan Pilot

Re: Yaesu FT-991 repeater shift

Post by Alan Pilot »

What was the fix might help others with this problem.