yeasu mic compatibility

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

yeasu mic compatibility

Post by MW6ZAN »

hi chaps need some advice can i use a yeasu mh42c6j non dtmf in place of a mh48a6j dtmf mic need to replace broken mh48a6j on a yeasu ft 1900 but wont be needing dtmf tones thanks. 73
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: yeasu mic compatibility

Post by MW6ZAN »

Just an update the non dtmf mic i quoted in my post in fact was compatible with the ft1900. Also in ref to my new ft1900, i must be honest my impression with this radio after a week of mobile opps is its a pile of crap im running it mobile with a quarter wave mag mounted whip antenna radio suffering from major pager bleed through affecting s18 through s23 and some repeater fequencies and im not a happy camper. 73
B5566

Post by B5566 »

Cause it is anycraptone branded as yaesu. I've lost hope to this brand and its better to give it a wide berth or go directly to anychinks else. Same as new President radios.
Resistance is futile.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

MW6ZAN wrote:Just an update the non dtmf mic i quoted in my post in fact was compatible with the ft1900. Also in ref to my new ft1900, i must be honest my impression with this radio after a week of mobile opps is its a pile of crap im running it mobile with a quarter wave mag mounted whip antenna radio suffering from major pager bleed through affecting s18 through s23 and some repeater fequencies and im not a happy camper. 73

That's useful to know, thanks. I was thinking of buying one as they are reasonably priced in some places. maybe I wont bother.

Saying that I have a Yaesu 857D and even though I am in line of sight of a pager mast get no problems at all with it, even though I get chronic problems on the Uniden scanners and that's after winding the sensitivity up on the 857 on vhf/uhf.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by MW6ZAN »

funny thing is i have been using a quansheng tg007 handy in the car on the quarter wave and suffer less noise than the yeasu ft1900 im going to swap the ft1900 and replace it with my base radio ft7900 duel bander and see if that suffers problems i get no problems on the ft7900 with base opps not tried the ft1900 with x30 roof mounted antenna as yet will keep you posted 73.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

By the way, I heard you mobile on 2m last week heading back to Barry from Cardiff I think it was.

I was in my Caerphilly QTH at the time and your signal was very strong to me for most of the way.

Whatever mic you were using I would stick with it as your audio was first rate. I couldn't give you a shout as I was supposed to be working at the time.

But really the audio was superb, pity about the receive problems.

Edit - forgot to say I am using a kPo NM-452 mic on the 857 with a change over lead from Knights - get good audio reports with it.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................