2 m beam mount to fiberglass pole //???

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
paw2
Regular
Regular

2 m beam mount to fiberglass pole //???

Post by paw2 »

Hi all i have a 2m beam on short pole 5ft. can this be fitted to a 20ft fiberglass pole or beam strait on just fiberglass
pole then fixed to gable end of house with heavy duty bracket.any feed back please...peter
2E1IIP

Re: 2 m beam mount to fiberglass pole //???

Post by 2E1IIP »

paw2 wrote:Hi all i have a 2m beam on short pole 5ft. can this be fitted to a 20ft fiberglass pole or beam strait on just fiberglass
pole then fixed to gable end of house with heavy duty bracket.any feed back please...peter
Hi Peter, you could fit the beam direct on to the fibreglass pole no problem at all.

Cheers

Rob.
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

it would be better as the beam would be in free space and have no metal to affect it..
especially if it was vertical..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
Gw0wvl
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Gw0wvl

Post by Gw0wvl »

If it were to be mounte d horizontal then you could mount it on a metal pole without any problems, But if you want it vertical, then the metal pole will affect the beam, So yes the fibreglass pole would be much better, also your coax can affect the beam angle from the yagi, Try and bring the coax down the boom and out past the reflector so as to not detune the antenna, or bring it out horizontaly from the elements... but this isnt easy with a verically polorized yagi.
"It's not the class of license that the Amateur holds but the class of Amateur that holds the license"

My Youtube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp2TU- ... zxPWrLowNA