Direct to Full License

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Re: Direct to Full License

Post by Transwarp »

@Werthers
I agree. Foundation get their own bands and full's not allowed on them, intermeeds can use all and should have power to 100w. Airwaves monitored and rules enforced, pirates and wallys tracked down and made to muck out stables for a year - thank you 8)
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
Tim Tom
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26SW010

Post by Tim Tom »

Werthers wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 13:31 The only thing I don't like about the intermediate is the 2E0 call sign.
Agreed. I'm currently waiting to hear whether or not we are going to be given this direct exam or whether I have to actually get a 2e0 call sign. All I want to do is get a full license so I can "inherit" my grandads G8 call sign, I'm not even bothered about the power I'm happy with 10 Watts :lol:
26-SW-010
26-TM-087

Tim The Milky Bar Kid
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Transwarp wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 18:27 @Werthers
I agree. Foundation get their own bands and full's not allowed on them, intermeeds can use all and should have power to 100w. Airwaves monitored and rules enforced, pirates and wallys tracked down and made to muck out stables for a year - thank you 8)
It is a hobby after all and a hobby where we need all the people we can get. If we separated foundation license holders from the rest, that could be harmful to the hobby.

To make it fair, restrict foundation license holders from HF but allow them to use VHF/UHF > 6m/4m/2m/70cm/3cm

There will always be activity on HF regardless. Taking away HF from foundation license holders could also help with the upper bands being a bit more active.

For pirates they should be force to take the exam or face a heavy fine or imprisonment. As to wallies and pirates being tracked down we could make that happen and its up to us hams to do something about those who abuse the bands because Ofcom certainly wont.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Transwarp »

heh-heh, my reply post to yours was more in humour then anything else :D

Taking away certain bands from those of us at the foot of the ladder (foundation) gives weight to the old saying that $h1t rolls downwards and only stops when it hits the bottom.

TBH IMO I couldn't give a rats ar$3 anymore on what happens to the hobby or individual licence class holders privileges because it's not worth expending thought on. Being a qualified radio ham used to be something to aim for a long time ago if you were into radio, nowadays there's no worth to it at all, simply for those with more money than sense or to clown around on bumfengs and/or on a cheap bought beat up and opened up HF set. Yes there are many that are genuinely interested and want to be 'proper' about the hobby, in what they do, and their interest in, but regardless I'm pretty sure Ofcom - or whatever the next incantation of the governors of the radio spectrum will be called in the future - will make changes because money is the primary of the airwaves and not hobby operators using it.

Not a positive post from me on the subject I know but it's how I see it.
109 Jim
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 109 Jim »

i have never read so much bull crap on a thread
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Transwarp »

109 Jim wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 09:48 i have never read so much bull crap on a thread
:?: