A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Mitster
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Mitster »

Hey All

I am a complete newbie. I came across a couple of UV5R Baofeng radios so I thought I'd see what's possible with them. I only have the stock antenna, I remember when I looked at these a while back, I read that they're better off being replaced with ones that are stronger.

When I mean I'm a complete newbie I, have no idea how to use these other than by setting a frequency on each one and talking to myself :)

Thanks
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Re: New member

Post by bigpimp347 »

i have a few Baofengs and they work spot on with the stock antenna.
never seen the point in changing one for something that's not as good..

when you get in to analysers, and VNA's then you'll see my point..

of course back to your radios..
there is no where you can transmit on them legally.
so unless you're listening to Radio one, where ever you end up transmitting will be illegal unless you hold a licence.
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: New member

Post by MrWeetabix »

If you're just looking for back-to-back chat between your two handhelds, stick to one of the frequencies below. Whilst the radios aren't legal to use without some for of license, using them on these frequencies will keep you on the same freqs as people doing the same as you and your 5w from a handheld wont really be noticed by anyone
446-freqs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |