Hello from the South Coast Uk

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Lofty76
New User
New User

Hello from the South Coast Uk

Post by Lofty76 »

Hello everybody, found this site after researching SSB communications, used to be well into skip comms.
Started online in 1978 using a totally naughty Sears 23 channel AM rig and long whippy antenna which most plod didn't realise was good for going out as well as coming in.
Managed to acquire a President Madison in 1980, and coupled it to a Silver Rod on the back of the house much to the interest of the neighbours who thought it was for better radio 3 reception - I didn't educate them, but there did seem to be a bit of TVI which I blamed on the local Taxi firm :roll:
Went 'legal' in 1981 with a Radiomobile CB202,(Cobra 3000?) and a trimmed AM K40 which I still have and it still works perfectly, I played online until 1983 when the bucket mouths and a house move forced me to remove my 'Radio 3 receiving equipment' {!!} which then got stowed in the loft of the new house as SWMBO wouldn't let me drill holes in the brickwork, couldn't think why - divorce followed - mast fitted - good trade :D .
Unfortunately, the unpredicted hurricane of 1987 decided that the local scrappy was more deserving than I and promptly removed the whole shooting match from the side of the house and deposited it in the road - never saw it again, aforementioned scrappy must have picked it up.
Anyhoo, pleased to join you all, and hope to chat sometime in the future.
All the best and keep safe.
Lofty
Bigdave
Legend
Legend

Re: Hello from the South Coast Uk

Post by Bigdave »

Welcome Lofty thats some intro,enjoy the forum.................
26 TM 1248
WINNER of INB4TL, the big battle edition 16/07/23
OFTEN IMITATED,BUT NEVER INTIMIDATED.
WINNER of INB4TL,the no interest edition 18/03/24
White night
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Ts01

Post by White night »

Hey there lofty nice intro I'm in the scottish highlands and I've kept my rig in all my cars and still do I use mainly fm up hear but going to be on ssb again soon but I can transmit and recieve the south coast from my car as I'm in the fisheries trade I'm out at tide tides up here so my rig is on all different times of the day or night so give us a shout we may speak one day 73 s
Lofty76
New User
New User

Post by Lofty76 »

Thanks gents. pleasure to be with you.