East London Newbie

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Fox Aldgate
New User
New User
Call Sign: FX90

East London Newbie

Post by Fox Aldgate »

Hi All,

Like many others I've come back to CB during lockdown.

I was sorting my stored junk from the decades, and came across my Harrier CB and magmount aerial from 1981, and turned it on for the first time in 38 years just before Christmas, thinking it would be dead and I'd throw the stuff away.... and heard voices!!

All faint and no one could hear me, but I decided to get myself a new rig for Christmas, and got a SS9900.

Looking forward to chatting with you. ;)
Setup-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108AT106

Re: East London Newbie

Post by bertonumber1 »

Hi mate, just saw your post there, I also have not been active on the cb for some years now, Im starting from scratch again so bought an ss6900 the baby brother of your new rig.
Just need to find a pole from somewhere to mount my aerial now.
All the best from MRS001 Scotland
Kind Regards

Rab
Merkin
Regular
Regular

Post by Merkin »

I just joined cos of lockdown and into pmr 446 glad i saw this mind forgot i got old cb - midland 48 and bremi powerpack. how cud i forget that, mite set it up but just bought wouxun KG-UV980P tri-band for 446 and hard to get head around cos its new, need ariel for midland cos it snapped.
forum looks good seems busy some are dead
Please support The British Dyslexia Association
Fox Aldgate
New User
New User

Post by Fox Aldgate »

bertonumber1 wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 21:25 Hi mate, just saw your post there, I also have not been active on the cb for some years now, Im starting from scratch again so bought an ss6900 the baby brother of your new rig.
Just need to find a pole from somewhere to mount my aerial now.
All the best from MRS001 Scotland
Nice! Those were the 2 rigs I was choosing between, it was a coin toss in the end. I've been playing with the 3m lecky conduit poles from Screwfix for 8 quid if you have one near you?
Fox Aldgate
New User
New User

Post by Fox Aldgate »

Merkin wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 11:57 I just joined cos of lockdown and into pmr 446 glad i saw this mind forgot i got old cb - midland 48 and bremi powerpack. how cud i forget that, mite set it up but just bought wouxun KG-UV980P tri-band for 446 and hard to get head around cos its new, need ariel for midland cos it snapped.
Your Wouxun and the Midland would be a lurrvvvvely setup, I'm a big fan of old and new beside eachother.
Merkin
Regular
Regular

Post by Merkin »

Fox Aldgate wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 15:33
Merkin wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 11:57 I just joined cos of lockdown and into pmr 446 glad i saw this mind forgot i got old cb - midland 48 and bremi powerpack. how cud i forget that, mite set it up but just bought wouxun KG-UV980P tri-band for 446 and hard to get head around cos its new, need ariel for midland cos it snapped.
Your Wouxun and the Midland would be a lurrvvvvely setup, I'm a big fan of old and new beside eachother.
Yer right coz Wouxun is a bit comkplicated but midland is simple. U must bUy one thse Wouxun tri band - amazing spent hours lsitening to airplanes and coastguard on it much better than 11m setup, :thumbup:
Please support The British Dyslexia Association