New Member in New Milton, Hampshire

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
PeterF
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: MMVU4

New Member in New Milton, Hampshire

Post by PeterF »

Greetings from New Milton,

I'm mainly interested in Marine VHF and hold an operators short range VHF DSC License. My Callsign, MMVU4, really belongs to the boat, Calviere II, as marine VHF callsigns aren't held by the operator but stay with the vessel. I've had the same boat for over twenty years, so MMVU4 is etched into the brain.
Prior to retirement I was an Electrical Engineer and worked for the DNO and Electricty Board, using VHF radios, mainly Pye Cambridge and Pye westminsters, where I had the callsigns Mike26 and Romeo9 in and around Kent.
I resently purchased a Baofeng UV-9R, so I can listen to marine VHF at home and I have programmed it with PMR and a few local HAM repeater frequencies.
Many Thanks for letting me join,

Peter F
MMVU4 - Calviere II
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Re: New Member in New Milton, Hampshire

Post by Otter »

Hi Peter, and welcome. When I'm up that way I always like to pop into Milford Supplies to buy something I didn't know I needed.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
PeterF
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: MMVU4

Re: New Member in New Milton, Hampshire

Post by PeterF »

Many Thanks for the welcome Otter.
I don't know how the rest of the country manage without a handy Milford Supplies.

And it isn't far from Sammy Miller's

Two wonderful places, between the New Forest and the Sea.