Tait 2020

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
peterlnic
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: G8UXL

Tait 2020

Post by peterlnic »

Hi all new to the site but not new to radio, been a licensed ham since 1979, i was a pro comm’s engineer until about 1990, been out of the country for a few years living in France, I was injured in aN RTA back in 1996 and unable to work since, it left me in a wheel chair but radio has been a god send to keep the old brain box busy,

I have a problem that has been bugging me for a while, I have a few Tait 2020 radios one of them is a series one, I want to change the band of the Logic board, this is simple in the Series Two radios and simply done with software, but the series One radio I have (the main difference is the Logic board) refuses to change bands, I am using Ver. 1.05 software which is DOS, I can change the band with this software and it shows it as changed. But in reality it has Not changed, I think they may be some hardware link on the board? the Series One Logic board I have is currently working on 4 Mtr’s and works well, but I want to move it to 2Mtr’s, does anyone have any experience with these Series One Logic boards? A bit of help would be very welcome, as I say the series Two boards are easy to change, but I must be missing something on the Series One board, also a link to a Series One T2020 service manual would be very useful indeed, I have a Series Two service manual but can’t for the life of me find a Series One job.

Thanks in advance, Take Care all
Pete.
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Re: Tait 2020

Post by DX-Digger »

Is this what you are looking for or am I on a much earlier radio?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djysybob0vipn ... e.zip?dl=1

I have a 2020 on low band, I wasnt aware you could change the bands on them just with software.

8)
Anyway let me know if this is what you are after.
Also what version of the software do you have?
Cheers Mark
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
peterlnic
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: G8UXL

Post by peterlnic »

Hi DX-Digger, I must have missed this coming in, you must think me extremely rude! I know a lot of time has now passed but please except my apologies, I later became heavily involved with converting the 2040 to 2020 and forgot all about me putting this post up here, so I hope you'll please except my apologies, Pete G8UXL.
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

Hey Pete,
No opology needed my friend were all a friendly bunch on here. Anyway did you manage to sort it in the end?
Would like to hear how you did it if you managed it.
I have a 2020 on 4Mtrs nice little radio.
Anyway 73 for now sk
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ