Reach out

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
fastdave
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: MM7ASN

Reach out

Post by fastdave »

Hi Folks, Forgive me, but I only became a Radio Ham officially during Britain's clampdown - - 10/06/20, to be precise - This, after a full working career of Electro mechanical up to AP level (Authorising Person in all disciplines - Electrical, HV, Pressure systems, Petroleum and Dental air systems) Then got tired working for everyone else and retired - now busier than ever - to shamedly pass what I intended to do when I was 14 years old!
I am still active, I have 5 motorcycles including a combination, I play piano and guitar and a bit of most instruments, love the electronics side,I have a workshop with two metal lathes, and another with a wood lathe, and read a lot. Oh, I also have a Westerly 26' sailboat, which I use as much as I can, being in a tidal harbour.
Presently digging into Linux, and looking at a Raspberry Pi to power an antenna rotator, via a stepper motor.
I have a FRG-7, a Yaesu FT2980, a Kenwood TS770, and latest addition, ICOM 7100.
Thought I would try an ATU-100 - ready built in case - there were no user friendly instructions, like abc - just hordes of technical info, for experienced users. Result - I need to some things........Like why do they say I need a power supply of 10 - 15VDC when there is a charging point for USB and no heavy power terminals????
Know the scene?
Anyway, look forward to surfing all the info on this site.
Dave, Fife.