Making scan125 full screen on my monitor

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
acerimmer57
Registered New User
Registered New User

Making scan125 full screen on my monitor

Post by acerimmer57 »

hi and good day - I have started using scan125 with my uniden ubc125xlt and with both combined are excellent - however my eyesight is not what it was and wondered how I would make the scan125 program full screen - the usual square at top right of windows 10 screen is greyed out - just wondered if this was the default setting with no way to change it - have read the readme files but must have missed it if it is there - any help would be appreciated - regards John
scan125
Call Sign: 26TM8080

Re: Making scan125 full screen on my monitor

Post by scan125 »

I have replied privately to John as he Emailed me about this.

Basically:

Most of the Scan125 forms are of fixed size. So when you start Scan125 its size 975 by 530 pixels.

This size was chosen so it almost fills a 1024 VGA screen size but is useable on larger screen sizes.

There is a serious technical reason why the form/panel sizes are not adjustable. My software is not the only radio control software to have fixed panel sizes.

The reason for this is that whilst a simple panel/form with say a text editor window will size and flow (but notice that the menu bar buttons etc. remain the same size) when you have a complex form with lots of buttons, sliders, etc. then to get them to grow and shrink with form size then each item has to be programmatically resized and repositioned in the code. This can be done for a couple of items but for anything more is just way to complex to code.

You can use the windows text/font size settings in the Display Settings to make things larger. Here you can set 100%, 125%, 150% and 175%.
Nick - Author Of: Scan125 - Scan75 - DriveR8 - http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk