SpaceX launch

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
spykeboi
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2M1SB

SpaceX launch

Post by spykeboi »

I'm going to be watching the SpaceX launch this evening with my son on the web feed, but will I be able to hear the downlink from the rocket to the control centre as it flies overhead?
I'm aware that cloud cover tonight will probably limit us being able to see it, but I'm hoping to be able to let my son hear the transmissions from ISS and Falcon 9 back down to earth.

Does anyone have any frequencies i could try? I already have 145.800 saved, but any operational frequencies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: SpaceX launch

Post by stratocaster »

They've also listed 144.9 and 145.2 for additional frequencies. I've put them in the scanner, so I'll give them a try. I'm sure someone else will be able to inform of other frequencies, but I've recently checked, and the info I gave is all I could find.
You can never have enough radios!
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: SpaceX launch

Post by pete_uk »

259.7 was the shuttles initial downlink but I didn't hear anything. I expect they have more advanced systems now, maybe keeping the UHF for back up