Ubcd3600xlt Trunking discovery and Lnc finder.

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
N1ova
Regular
Regular

Ubcd3600xlt Trunking discovery and Lnc finder.

Post by N1ova »

Hi i have found a frequency that is Nxdn, 441.0875 and the split is 426.5875. I have put them both in my scanner.
Is it the trunk discovery i run first or the Lnc finder? Been at this for a week now, After putting the .bin file on the scanner i finally have sentinel seeing the Nxdn option. Any help appreciated thanks. Location Flint North Wales.
iscottybotty
Regular
Regular

Re: Ubcd3600xlt Trunking discovery and Lnc finder.

Post by iscottybotty »

Have you sorted this now?

Your not going to hear anything on that, and with only a single frequency I doubt it will be a trunk.

Set the frequency up as a conventional system, only put 441.0875, you do NOT, to my knowledge and belief need the TX to Repeater frequency, only the TX from the repeater, your RX (441.0875) is needed.

Set the modulation as Auto and sit and see what happens.

Normally a Trunk will have multiple frequencies, making it impossible without a trunk scanner to follow the voice conversation. Again, with only one frequency, I am 98% sure, it’s not a trunk.

In the case of setting up a trunk, once you have found all the frequencies, created a System and dept, that’s when to start the LCN finder. This can take ages depending on how busy the site is, whether indeed the frequencies are correct etc. One all the LCN’s have been found, follow the on screen instructions agreeing to everything.

Once you have the LCN, check them by editing frequency, if for example you have a 1,3,4 your missing a frequency for LCN 2.

Once all that’s sorted, then run the Trunk Discovery.

Hope the above helps.

Join the UBCD3600xlt group on a very famous web site face mask... or something like that. 👍