lisering to pagers ? how ?

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

lisering to pagers ? how ?

Post by WARLOCK »

I would like to tune into pagers ,I have a uniden ubc785xlt scanner what else will I need ? software/ cables/frequencies ect
26mb04
Call Sign: 26DG01

Re: lisering to pagers ? how ?

Post by 26mb04 »

I think you can use DSD or DSD+ for paging, It's been a while since I did any pager stuff. I can't remember exactly where I found the activity, just listen around VHF/UHF business allocations for pager noise, it's pretty unique. All I managed to get seemed to be sitreps from German fire engines/ambulances etc., which is odd because the signals were 5/9+++ as if they were just around the corner!
Sent from my GP300 using DTMF
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

might have moved on as did it years ago with a scanner and software called POCSAG and discriminator tap will look for 5 mins into your model
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.p ... inator_Mod this will work and been tested but sub the cap for a say a 10k resistor if the sig is too low sub for a 5k resistor
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
milly
Call Sign: redacted

Post by milly »

DSD/DSD+ have never had anything to do with pagers.
PageOne have the only National Paging Network now. There is also the Nationally allocated, but local use, trumpton frequency.
You will probably be able to decode POCSAG data without modification using the audio fed to PDW software. It's less likley to work for decoding Flex that way.
By far the easiest way nowadays is to use a dvb-t dongle, control software of some sort (loads of choices) and again PDW for decode. This route will get you the Flex protocol easily as well.
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"