searching with the trx1//trx2

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
warlock01
Regular
Regular

searching with the trx1//trx2

Post by warlock01 »

hi all. just a couple of quick questions re the searching on the trx1 and 2. an i right in thinking you can only program in one search range. as opposed to other radios which are normally 10 search banks. the other thing is although i think the units are set for the uk. band plan, are the frequency steps and mode user selectable, lets say for instance you want to search a freq range that would normaly be in 12.5 khz steps and you wanted to search in lets say 6.25 khz . or put you put in a frequency and decide what mode or channel steps to use. regards
jhampton2000

Re: searching with the trx1//trx2

Post by jhampton2000 »

>an i right in thinking you can only program in one search range. as opposed to other radios which are normally 10 search bank
Correct. Under 'Limit Search', you can enter High and Low range limits and it will search in between. This is very restrictive for such a top end scanner. One big advantage of the TRX is that you can set it to only open squelch on specific digital modes (eg DMR or NXDN or both) this way it will ignore analogue or other data mode signals.

>although i think the units are set for the uk. band plan, are the frequency steps and mode user selectable
No they're not selectable, neither mode nor step. Largely set at 6.25khz steps for anything NFM with the civil airband set at 8.33khz and the mil airband at 12.5khz if I recall. Again very restrictive for such a top end scanner.

Otherwise a good scanner, although I much prefer the Uniden for searching for new frequencies (the whistler is good for scanning known channels).