UK Emergency Services on DMR

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

UK Emergency Services on DMR

Post by Werthers »

Emergency Services on Digital DMR.

I know the emergency services are using the system Air Wave as there main communication's but sometimes DMR radios are also used by the police & fire service. I have seen police carrying DMR radios before like the Motorola DP3400 along with there Tetra Airwave radios and I've always wondered what there frequencies are, perhaps the police DMR frequencies are on 450 to 452 MHz where there old analog frequencies were... who knows.

I'd like to find out there DMR frequencies so I can program them in to my DMR radio although of course RX only.

Here are some Fire Service DMR frequencies I found which look interesting I'm not sure if the frequencies would be the same for the whole of the UK or whether they'd be different for different counties in the UK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhampton2000

Re: UK Emergency Services on DMR

Post by jhampton2000 »

>I have seen police carrying DMR radios before like the Motorola DP3400 along with there Tetra Airwave radios and I've always wondered what there frequencies are
Highly likely to be just Shopwatch/Pubwatch radios
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

It is local shopwatch / pubwatch dmr radios so they can talk direct to the cctv or shops during an incident.
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
Goffy
Regular
Regular

Post by Goffy »

I've not seen the 450.100 or 464.100 channels listed before. Apart from several years ago when it was a HMP duplex allocation. Listed as both DMR and analogue fm.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

As far as I am aware, this is the official 'Fire Service' document produced by the 'National Fire Chiefs Council' that shows the current UK national Fireground radio channel plan that was agreed with the Home Office a few years back:

Obviously being NATIONAL, it applies UK wide I would assume? There is also a table in the document that is a proposed future digital channel plan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I just got something on 457.0375 MHz "analog" although it was very brief. I'll be adding these fire service frequencies to my scanning zone.

I've been having a good scan on analog this morning and found a couple interesting frequencies, 441.30625 MHz is a good one although I'm still trying to work out what it is. They were talking about CCTV then they mentioned something about offloading a van. The other frequencies I'm picking up are just BBC talk back.

Most of what I'm picking up is DMR noise and there's lots between 440 MHz and 447 MHz.

I'm going to find some software online later so that I can plug the audio feed from my analog scanner into my computer and decode the DMR stuff, ideally I want something that will tell me the color codes, slot and talk group so that I can add them to my digital scanning zones in my DMR radio although that's probably asking for to much to get details like that.

I will be ordering myself an Anytone 868 soon that can scan all color codes, slots and talk groups.
Goffy
Regular
Regular

Post by Goffy »

Yeah i too get analogue on 457.0375 (incedent back to back simplex) and also 457.0875 which was a repeater rebroadcasting the Airwave mainset ie the control room.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

Yeah 457.0375 analogue is the main channel around here as well and is busy on a daily basis.

It seems to be used for all sorts of weird things as well mind you, one day I heard the guys in the fire station giving directions to some others in ASDA regarding what ingredients to buy to make a chicken curry!
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................