Using DSD+ With SDR# on Spyserver remote SDR'S

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
solarstorm
Regular
Regular

Using DSD+ With SDR# on Spyserver remote SDR'S

Post by solarstorm »

Hi,

I have just started getting back into the scanning hobby after a long break. Ive been trying out some of the remote Spyserver sdr's (see attached image)

Im however trying to tune to some of the the DMR frequencies to decode with DSD + but seem to have alot of difficulty with this.

i find on most of these remote sdrs i connect to that on NFM the bandwidth maxes out just under 10khz (think i need 12.5khz for TRBO?)

Sometimes i might get the occasional broken audio through but get alot of errors (see image)

ive even tried using WFM with about 15k but still get the errors?

Can anyone advise if its likely to be my sound settings , im still quite new to using SDR# and DSD , also because im receiving the signals over the internet rather than from my own RTL dongle can latency also be an issue?

please advise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Using DSD+ With SDR# on Spyserver remote SDR'S

Post by radiosification »

I would think that these remote SDRs work by demodulating in the settings you choose on the software and then compressing the audio before streaming it to you. When the audio is compressed it would lose some fidelity so won't be good enough to decode from.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification