FRN .....(again!)

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

FRN .....(again!)

Post by welshevo »

hello....me again....finally!! got my interface to work.. and all is good! now as i venture into the world of FRN i would like to create my own server...so i installed the server and filled in all the boxes as requested...and click "start" it says "online" then.....server not available? and when i refresh my channel list in FRN client it doesn't show my new server? any ideas...ive tinkered with the firewall settings in windows and even switched it off to see if that was the issue but nope? any other ideas!?
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
Mad4radio

Re: FRN .....(again!)

Post by Mad4radio »

Good news on the interface working for you, for the server have you opened the relevant ports In your router for frn also check the IP's match up as well in the frn server box to your machine that your running the server from. Don't worry about it not been in the list as they's a delay from server to the main server for the list to be updated but if your ports are set correctly in your router for frn & your machine IP is in the frn server box you should be they, just because it doesn't light up instantly saying its online just give it 5mins for it to register on the system & then it should appear online.

Regards buddy
Last edited by Mad4radio on 24 Mar 2014, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

oh dude!¬ i totallly forgot about my router!! hahaha DOH!! i was on FRN last night whats your user! and ill look out for you.... also which room is the most active!? im going to try and setup my own server! so wish me luck lol
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Good luck Cheif..... My gateway name/details are the exact same as my username on here & I can usually be found a couple of servers down from the muppets at the top of the list.... Starts with 001 or something but its Wesley's down in sheffields I'm on.
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

ok so ive looked into my router and im confused! any suggestions on firewall rules for a sky modem? sagecom? lol......
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Look for settings labelled something along the lines of "Port Forwarding" in your router.

You will need to set a forwarding rule for each port that the FRN server needs open (the documentation should tell you which ports and what protocol TCP or UDP). You will need to enter the internal IP address of the FRN server as the destination address in any rules that you create, so you may want to assign a static IP address to the machine running the FRN server rather than using DHCP to configure the network settings automatically.

Does that make sense?
DJS169
Call Sign: DJS169

Post by DJS169 »

welshevo buddy im from cardiff myself living up in aberdare & i'm an expert with the sky routers & port forwarding... had to open ports for my ps3 an other stuff ;) drop me a dm an maybe we can arrange to meet up if you havn't fixed your problem yet.

cheers

dan
Callsign DJS-169
Distance Checker http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-googl ... ulator.htm[/b]
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

hello fellow welshie!! my server is now online!! thanks for the offer though!! its currently setup on welshevo.no-ip.biz and room is welsh locals! it should be up and running if you wanna pop by and say hello!!! all members welcome!!
DJS169
Call Sign: DJS169

Post by DJS169 »

which port is this on tryed connecting a few times an couldnt get on but can get on others
Callsign DJS-169
Distance Checker http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-googl ... ulator.htm[/b]
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

hey dude sorry for the late reply the server is on 10024? the server is intermittent at the moment while i try and source a small but quiet 'PC to keep it running 24/7! but it will be on from around 6:30 ish week nights... drop me a dm with a mobile numb.. and ill text you when its online?