Baofeng UVB5 and FRN

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
TRON

Re: Baofeng UVB5 and FRN

Post by TRON »

Ive searched and searched... Has anyone got a link to a half decent explanation of the S780 pinout? I found someone saying that it was "the same as motorola".

I'd like something a bit more reliable than "someone said".

If I can get this info, I can draw out a circuit diagram of how it should all be connected together.
TRON

Post by TRON »

DO NOT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL!!

I found this elsewhere.. can anyone CONFIRM that it is accurate? Bearing in mind that this is a one way trip, any mistakes lead to dead audio stage!!

Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

That's the 1st pin out I've seen mate..... I carn't confirm it tron appolagies Cheif but its a shame you ain't got a radio to play with as I'm sure you'd suss it, but I have the radio I think I may have the interface I'm just not prepaired to plug it in with the risk of blowing the radio of which case I'd have to send it to china to be repaired but I'm hoping that someone will suss the pin outs & sell a ready built interface for the s780's so that folk can take advantage of its digital dpmr capabilities on FRN
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

im with you Mad4radio on this one! i got the interface and can order these kirisuns up....just dont fancy breaking them! hmmmm
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
TRON

Post by TRON »

Mad4radio wrote:That's the 1st pin out I've seen mate..... I carn't confirm it tron appolagies Cheif but its a shame you ain't got a radio to play with as I'm sure you'd suss it, but I have the radio I think I may have the interface I'm just not prepaired to plug it in with the risk of blowing the radio of which case I'd have to send it to china to be repaired but I'm hoping that someone will suss the pin outs & sell a ready built interface for the s780's so that folk can take advantage of its digital dpmr capabilities on FRN
I have a dumb idea.. Did you get some sort of headset with your radio's? If you did, could you send one the headsets through to me so I can work out what the pins are? It'll probably mean ripping it apart, but a headset would be a lot cheaper than a complete radio.
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Send me a pm with the your address & I'd be happy to just as long as if you do suss it out you send it back working so I can rig it upto FRN of which I'd gladly pay knowing I could have a possible digi gateway on air