BF888 programming issues

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
rossmi2
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 2E0SNZ

BF888 programming issues

Post by rossmi2 »

My work has bought 16 BF-888s however I'm having a nightmare trying to program them. I have tried my personal UK simple light frequencies and also PMR just to test them. The range seems to be about 30ft and that's it! 9 times out of 10 they won't take the frequencies, and often when the frequencies are loaded, the radios will react as though there is a transmission, the green rx light will come on and it's like the squelch is wide open (even on squelch setting 9).

I have tried CHIRP and the 888s software - similar results from both. How I wish they'd asked me before purchasing so many!! Any ideas? Does anyone have a UK simple light csv file that they know works that I could try?

Cheers
Michael
Mitch

Re: BF888 programming issues

Post by Mitch »

TBH I've never had any trouble programming the BF-888's, apart from the usual USB driver issue, and I've had about a dozen over the years. I've always used the Boafeng software (BF480.exe) and it's always worked for me. Do you have any test gear? UHF power meter? Frequency counter? Aerial adapters? The output is usualy 2 watts, I found the hi/lo power makes no difference at all in output.

I've only ever used the 446 PMR channels but and I don't have any 888's atm. I can't attach a data file so here's a screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The perfect face for radio.
Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: BF888 programming issues

Post by Metradio »

Never had a problem programming 888's....

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.