Supplier Light query

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
26mb04
Call Sign: 26DG01

Supplier Light query

Post by 26mb04 »

Is there a way for a licensee to self-hire the Supplier Light frequencies? I currently have Simple Light, which is great, but I really want to use some of the low-band frequencies which are only available on a Supplier Light licence. Is this totally out of the question, or is there a level of Responsible Discretion on how the system is policed?
Sent from my GP300 using DTMF
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Supplier Light query

Post by Mikel »

What license do you have though, is it a 'Simple UK'?

If so, below is Schedule 2 from the BUSINESS RADIO (SIMPLE UK) LICENCE, that shows which frequencies you can use with that license and there are 5 low band frequencies available:
Business_Radio_Simple_UK_licence_template pdf.png
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... mplate.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
26mb04
Call Sign: 26DG01

Re: Supplier Light query

Post by 26mb04 »

I want to use the really low ones, like on 26.835, 48.975 etc. I know they're close to licence-exempt allocations (CB, LPD etc) but it'd be nice to actually have a legitimate reason to use them as they're not on the Simple UK licence.
Sent from my GP300 using DTMF