Motorola Codeplug wanted

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Reegz
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MW7GIA

Re: Motorola Codeplug wanted

Post by Reegz »

Im having the exact same issue. I've PM'd you also PeakHour, bit cheeky i know but im at my wits end.

Expensive paperweight at the moment
Reegz
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MW7GIA

Post by Reegz »

Im having the exact same issue. I've PM'd you also PeakHour, bit cheeky i know but im at my wits end.

Expensive paperweight at the moment
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Just to clarify a codeplug isn't the programming software. They are two different things.

You need the appropriate Motorola CPS programming software for your radio, a blank code plug can be found within the programming software or easily created using the Motorola CPS.

What programming software are you looking for?
AMX97
Regular
Regular

Post by AMX97 »

I've got the CPS for DM and DP radios but the software didn't come with blank code plug for the DP4400 on UHF as my boss bought a bunch used and it turned out they had passwords on but the seller was adamant there wasn't any and we couldn't get a blank code plug to write to it
TYT - MD380
TYT - MD390
Aliunce HD-1
Motorola DP4400e
Motorola DP3601
Baofeng UV-82
Baofeng UV-5R

uniden ubc125xlt
Moonraker M10
bigboyblue
Regular
Regular

Post by bigboyblue »

AMX97 wrote: 18 May 2021, 19:55 I've got the CPS for DM and DP radios but the software didn't come with blank code plug for the DP4400 on UHF as my boss bought a bunch used and it turned out they had passwords on but the seller was adamant there wasn't any and we couldn't get a blank code plug to write to it
cick recover. voila. blank non passworded radio.
Jabkotsw
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Jabkotsw »

HELLO CAN ANYONE HELP ME ??? I have motorola dp4400e and try to use cps 16 (823) cps v 2.0 newest version but i cannot connect with my device because showing message codeplug device not supported ....???? how can i sort this out ?? thank You guys for any help .. my email is jabko_ts@o2.pl if anyone got this codeplug and can send it to me....
Tittifer
Regular
Regular

Post by Tittifer »

I've read all this thread and i still don't know what a codeplug is :?
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

Tittifer wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 13:07 I've read all this thread and i still don't know what a codeplug is :?
A codeplug is a small file of radio configuration data, that is generated on a computer using
the customer provisioning software , then transferred over a cable (usually a serial cable) into the radio
for the purpose of configuring that radio to be used in a given radio system.

if you're more familiar with computers, think of it more like a windows .ini file or linux .conf file

Hope that helps

regards

BB
AMX97
Regular
Regular

Post by AMX97 »

Hi everyone ive got the CPS software the latest version from RadioTronics but when trying to read from the DP4400 i get a pop up saying #101005 not supported any ideas

Thanks
TYT - MD380
TYT - MD390
Aliunce HD-1
Motorola DP4400e
Motorola DP3601
Baofeng UV-82
Baofeng UV-5R

uniden ubc125xlt
Moonraker M10
Mototrbo2020
Regular
Regular

Post by Mototrbo2020 »

AMX97 wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 23:18 Hi everyone ive got the CPS software the latest version from RadioTronics but when trying to read from the DP4400 i get a pop up saying #101005 not supported any ideas

Thanks
"codeplug version not supported" looks like you need a newer cps version.
Tittifer
Regular
Regular

Post by Tittifer »

bigbloke wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 16:50
Tittifer wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 13:07 I've read all this thread and i still don't know what a codeplug is :?
A codeplug is a small file of radio configuration data, that is generated on a computer using
the customer provisioning software , then transferred over a cable (usually a serial cable) into the radio
for the purpose of configuring that radio to be used in a given radio system.

if you're more familiar with computers, think of it more like a windows .ini file or linux .conf file

Hope that helps

regards

BB
Thanks BB I think I get it now :)