Puxing 777+

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
Rod2117
Regular
Regular

Puxing 777+

Post by Rod2117 »

Just got my Puxing 777+. Initial impressions are that this is a very good bit of kit especially when used on the PMR 446 frequencies.

I have noticed a minor discrepency between the radio display and what is said in the translated manual concerning a small triangle icon on the right of the screen under the channel number which the manual says indicates when the squelch is open. When I switch the radio on all the icons on the display show, including the triangle as they should.

When I fully open the squelch the triangle does not show on the display but the LED on the top of the radio turns green which is not mentioned in the manual!

Has anyone else noticed this. The radio seems to work fine.
Rod
26 TM 999 (Blackpool)
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

don't worry its just a mini triangle.
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3VBS »

throw the manual away. its better for your health.

Took me 4 days to figure out how to switch between vfo mode and locked memory mode. Nothing to do with what the book suggested.
Wiggler

Post by Wiggler »

M3VBS wrote:Took me 4 days to figure out how to switch between vfo mode and locked memory mode. Nothing to do with what the book suggested.
wots the locked memory mode?
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3VBS »

There are two types of memory mode.

There is one where the radio can be switched between vfo and mr whilst the radio is still on, by pressing the vfo key.

If you hold down the enter button whilst powering the radio on, the radio starts up in memory only mode, where you cannot get into the VFO. (you have to hold down enter and power up again to switch it back)

I find it handy when lending the radio to a non-radio person to stop them straying away from frequencies etc. Also useful for simpler operation when paintballing, 4x4 etc.
Wiggler

Post by Wiggler »

o rite, yeah i knew that mode, i thought there was another mode; as my puxing 777 is locked in memory mode and i can't get it out. and i can't enter the self programming mode either n can't work it out.
overlandadventures

Post by overlandadventures »

If you do a Yahoo search for puxing 777 you should find a website that has an English instruction manual someone has worked out, I can't find the link at the moment but if I do track it down I'll post it.
cheers
John
overlandadventures

Post by overlandadventures »

her it is:
http://www.hotsolder.com/articles/index ... tion-notes
I hope that helps a few folks out there.
cheers
John