LOADING SCAN125 HELP NEEDED

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

LOADING SCAN125 HELP NEEDED

Post by WARLOCK »

I am tring to load SCAN 125 on to my computer but when i try i keep getting - ( NOT RECOGNIZED BY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ) any thought as to why this is happening please ???
Ur5by9

Re: LOADING SCAN125 HELP NEEDED

Post by Ur5by9 »

sounds like you have associated the .zip file extension with windows media player.

The file should be opened with winrar or winzip or any extracting utility of your choosing
the file you downloaded should be the latest version Scan125_V2700.zip
right click the download file and chose open with and select your self extracting program you use.
extract the files and then run the program

if you don't have one try winrar or winzip for free

hope this helps
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Post by WARLOCK »

Ur5by9 Thanks for your reply the problem i am having is when i click on the download i keep getting ( NOT RECOGNIZED BY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ) it dose not give me the option to go to winrar/winzip ???
Ur5by9

Post by Ur5by9 »

right click the scan125 file you downloaded using the mouse and select "open with " option
then select either winrar or winzip if you have them installed.

if you don't have winrar or winzip you can download either for free using the link bellow for winrar

https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm chose WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 5.71 as i don't know if your using x32 or x64 so this will work for both

once you download winrar run and install this just follow the onscreen instructions.
When your installing at the end it will ask to associate compressed applications with winrar select YES

If you then go back to Scan125 program it should now just open correct with winrar and allow you to self extract the files to the location of your choosing where you can now use and run the program.

nice and straight forward
scan125
Call Sign: 26TM8080

Post by scan125 »

I've been on holiday in the Europe for the last three weeks. When I had internet access (often very poor) I've continued to support Scan125 and at least acknowledge Emails I have received. I believe WARLOCK is one of those persons (based on specific problem) and yesterday I replied to directly via Email.

Hopefully he is now up and running OK.
Nick - Author Of: Scan125 - Scan75 - DriveR8 - http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk