President Lincoln - Extension speaker info please.

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
PorkChop
New User
New User
Call Sign: 26DG159

Re: President Lincoln - Extension speaker info please.

Post by PorkChop »

Not that i can notice,
with 1 and 7 ( and without too ) and dedicated pa speaker on 4 and 5, pa pushed in if the squelch isnt up i have loud static coming out of the speaker which stops as soon as i key mic, and if i squelch it out there is no static and pa is fine.
Just dont want to have to manually squelch up to full before turning on pa.
inside it looks clean
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

Well, it's the first time I've tried PA on a Lincoln and yes, the receive audio goes out through the extension speaker. The PA when you press the PTT seems loud though.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Otter wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 09:30 the receive audio goes out through the extension speaker
I've read it wrong then . I thought he said that he had both internal and external SP disconnected and that the sound was coming out of the PA speaker ?
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

Sorry, the receive audio goes out through the PA speaker.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

That's weird then . I don't have a PA speaker any more so I can't check it myself . Must be a(nother) design issue maybe ?
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

Om my old G.E. there's CB, CB/PA, and PA on a switch. The CB/PA is the same behaviour as the Lincoln. I just used an external speaker for the PA and turned the volume to minimum.